WHAT IS MIPS?
MIPS stands for Multi-Directional Impact Protection System, which is a leading slip-plane technology inside the helmet developed by brain surgeons and scientists to reduce rotational forces on the brain caused by angled impacts to the head. The MIPS system is designed to mimic what your dome and skull do in an impact, namely allow a little bit of movement in order to protect the more important component. In your dome's case, there's a fluid layer between the dome and the skull that acts as a buffer. In the Super 2R, it's a floating harness that allows independent movement of the shell and liner.
• Channelled Ventilation draws in cool air and pushes out heat
• Fusion In-Mold Microshell creates a stronger overall structure
• X-Static Padding combines a quick-dry material with an anti-microbial coating in order to eliminate odour
• Twin Axis Gear (TAG) fit system makes it easy to dial in the perfect fit
• Internal Reinforcement
• Lightweight webbing
• Vents: 26
• Fit Adjustment: Twin Axis Gear™ (TAG)
• Material: Shell: polystyrene | Liner: EPS
• Suits: Road, Urban Commute
• Certification: AS/NZS 2063-2008