WHAT IS MIPS?
MIPS stands for Multi-Directional Impact Protection System, which is a leading slip-plane technology inside the helmet developed by brain surgeons and scientists to reduce rotational forces on the brain caused by angled impacts to the head. The MIPS system is designed to mimic what your dome and skull do in an impact, namely allow a little bit of movement in order to protect the more important component. In your dome's case, there's a fluid layer between the dome and the skull that acts as a buffer. In the Super 2R, it's a floating harness that allows independent movement of the shell and liner.
Twin Axis Gear (TAG):
Bell's next generation Twin Axis Gear (TAG) fit system adjusts to the head on two axes - circumferentially as standard fit systems do, but also vertically to better accommodate differences in the up/down position of the occipital lobe.
Extended Rider Protection With ICEDOT:
Bell strives to go above and beyond to protect during, and now after, an impact. ICEdot is an emergency notification service that syncs a secure online profile with a helmet sticker that contains a unique code. ICEdot has the ability to share pre-designated health information over sms/text. ICEdot ID products allow first responders to retrieve emergency information stored in an ICEdot profile. First responders send an SMS text message containing the PIN found on the ID product to the number specified and an immediate response message is returned containing information on the individual.
• Removable chin bar provides wrap-around protection
• MIPS-Equipped (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System)
• GoggleGuide Adjustable Visor System for lightning fast goggle deployment
• Breakaway Camera Mount Attachment included
• ICEdot Enabled (in case of emergency)
• Overbrow Ventilation channels cooling breezes across your head as you ride
• Polycarbonate Shell
• TAG™ Fit System (Twin Axis Gear) makes it easy to dial in the perfect fit
• Twin Axis Gear™ (TAG)
• X-Static padding is antimicrobial and eliminates static & odour
• Drawstring helmet carry bag included
• Vents: 15 vents, 4 Overbrow Ports, 6 Chin-bar Ports
• Weight: 760 grams (size MED)
• Suits: Enduro | Dirt | MTB | Downhill | Trails
CE EN1078:2012 CPSC Bicycle complies with USA CPSC Safety Standards for Bicycle Helmets for persons aged 5 years and older
AS/NZS 2063:2008 meets safety standards for helmets in Australia & New Zealand