Chase have incorporated an Aero System seat tube & seat post on the new bikes. The new design helps aerodynamics, lightens up the overall weight of the bike, and stiffens the frame.
AERO SYSTEM SHAPING:
Chase Bicycles introduces the Aero seat post tube, seat post, and seat post clamp into BMX racing with our new Element bikes and RSP 3.0 frames. This is to not only to help gain fractions of a second on the track with improved aerodynamics, but the Aero tubes also offers a slightly stiffer feel. We know BMX bikes don't need to go fully aero testing into a wind tunnel, but when races are won or lost by fractions of a second, every advantage will help.
Chase Bicycles utilizes tapered tubing to offer you the most durable, yet light weight products, to help you achieve optimum results on the BMX race track. Our tapered items, use multiple thicknesses in the same tube, so the tube can be reinforced where needed with precision to help reduce stress areas where needed and lighten up the areas that don't require extra materials. In aluminum the result are tube walls that eliminate stress points, boosting strength, reducing weight and improving fatigue life.
The advantage is clear: Tapered tubes enhances strength and durability, at less weight.
DUAL PRECISE ENGAGEMENT SYSTEM:
If its out of the gate or powering out of a turn, you don't have time to have any chain slack, pawl lag or hub clutch skipping when you need to get the power to the ground. With the all new Chase Dual Precise Engagement system rear hub offered on the new Element bikes, this is a worry of the past. The rear hub offered reliable, clean and crisp engagement of the clutch assembly, helping put all of the power exactly where you need it!
Born from some of the best alloys for building BMX race bikes, the special 7005-T6 SpeedLite alloy is the perfect blend for our Hydro-forming process, giving the Element frames the core strength needed to produce unmatched speed on the track, while keeping the overall weight of the frame down to a minimum.
While each rider is unique, Chase Bicycles has developed Bio Fit sizing for the frames to offer riders the ultimate size options for BMX racing. The sizing used for the Chase line has been carefully designed to give riders the optimum power output in the size range offered.
HYDROFORMED TUBE TECHNOLOGY:
Hydroformed tubes have two main advantages. First, the narrow axis is a flatter surface, which means more surface area to carry the load, so it is stiffer & stronger across the minor axis. Secondly, the deeper axis is stiffer since the stiffness varies to the cube of the diameter, stronger to the square. When using an oval shaped tube on a typical BMX frame it helps reduce flex but only in one direction, but on the Chase frames, the tubes are oval in both directions in the main flex areas and these tubes help reduce flex in both main directions.
• FORK: Elevn PUL 20mm Cr-mo Fork, 1-1/8″ Steer Tube With Tapered, Butted, Heat Treated, Alloy Top Cap
• HEADSET: FSA Impact Integrated Sealed Bearing
• HANDLEBAR: Chase Element Bar 7.5″ Rise, 11° Back Sweep & 3.5° Up Sweep
• GRIPS: Insight C.O.G.S 145mm Alloy Clamps Laser Etched Logo, PVC End Plug
• STEM: Chase Element 50mm 6061 T6 Alloy CNC Laser Etched Logo
• BB: Outboard BB Cups BC 1.37″x68/73mm Cartridge Bearings
• CHAINRING: Insight 43 Tooth 4 Bolts 104mm 1/2″x3/32″ 5mm Alloy Ring
• CRANK: Excess LSP 2 Piece Crank 175mm Alloy Arm, 4 Bolt Spider, Cr-mo Pedal Inserts, Alloy Chain Ring Bolts / Nuts
• PEDAL: Nylon Platform Pedal 9/16″
• CHAIN: KMC Z610HX 1/2″x3/32″
• COG: 16 Tooth
• FRONT HUB Chase Element 20mm Thru Axle Hub, 32H, Sealed Bearing
• REAR HUB: Chase Element 10mm Cassette Hub 32H, Sealed Bearing, Steel Cassette Body, 6 Pawls, 90 Points Of Engagement
• SPOKES: 14 Gauge
• NIPPLES: Alloy Nipples
• WHEELS : Chase Element 20mm Thru Axle Front Hub, Element 10mm Cassette Hub, 16T, 6 pawl, 90 points Of Engagement with Sun Envy Rims Lite 32H 20×1.50″
• FRONT TYRE: Tioga PowerBand 1.85″
• REAR TYRE: Tioga PowerBlock 1.60″
• TUBES: 20×1.50″/1.75″ Schrader valve
• BRAKE LEVER: Shimano Deore LX
• BRAKE CALIPER: Shimano Deore LX
• SADDLE: Elevn Embossed Leather Pivotal
• SEAT POST: Chase SST Pivotal 27.2x260mm Polished Alloy
• SEAT CLAMP: Chase Element QR Alloy 31.8mm Laser Etched Logo
• CHAIN TENSIONNER: Kingstar Twin Hole Laser Etched Logo
• WEIGHT : 20.4 lbs / 9.25 kg Without Pedal
• RIDER SIZE : 5ft 2” - 5ft 9” / 155cm -175cm