Thanks to its grit edge tungsten carbide (WC) blade (metallurgically bonded tungsten carbide grit on a toothless metal blade), CarboCut won’t damage Carbon or Kevlar fibres, and will cut smoothly through them leaving you with very little 'tidy-up' work to do at the end.
• Perfect for cutting composites, hardened steel, cast iron, titanium, ceramic & masonry
• Smooth cuts save you a lot of sand-paper time
• Ergonomic blade-tightening knob ensures correct blade tension
• Outlasts any regular metal toothed blade by up to ten times
• Cuts on both push and pull stroke
• Dimensions: 254 mm (10 in) length | 19 mm (3/4 in) height | 1.6 mm cut width
• Frame: Steel
• Handle: Aluminium
• Blade: Tungsten Carbide with WC grit edge for perfect cutting action
• Made in Italy
• Cuts faster, with a better finish & no fibre damage. Gritted blades have thousands of cutting edges and cut with a 'grinding' action rather than the aggressive 'ripping' action of standard toothed blades, thus reducing the risk of de-bonding fibres from the matrix. The edge of a carbon tube that has been cut with a CarboCut is smooth and without sharp or uneven edges, saving you a whole lot of sand-paper time.
Smooth-cutting action & better control:
• To provide more control and less vibration the CarboCut blade cuts both on push and pull stroke. Being 19 mm (3/4") tall, the blade itself is an additional guide for straight cuts. Spacers or washers might be needed to use the WC blade with some cut jigs, due to the slightly wider cut-width (1,6mm instead of 0,9 of a standard blade).
• WC blades rated at 9 on the Mohs scale (just below diamond) greatly outlive standard metal toothed blades, especially when cutting difficult materials like composites.
What it cuts:
• CarboCut has been purposely designed to cut easily through composites, hard metals (hardened steel, cast iron, titanium) ceramic and masonry. It is recommended that softer materials like wood, plastics or aluminium are cut with a standard toothed blade.
Compact/easy to handle:
• CarboCut accepts 254 mm (10 in) blades, making it very compact and easy to carry in a toolbox or to use in tight spaces. Replacement 254 mm (10 in) WC blades (in a pack of five) are available through Pushys Online.
Made with certified metals:
• The CarboCut handle is made with certified aluminium (EN AB46100 alloy, no scrap-aluminium added). Its frame is forged from certified steel (Fe42) and its blade is simply extraordinary: this tool is built to last and perform. An ergonomic blade-tightening knob ensures the correct blade tension for the many perfect cuts you can expect to make with this new addition to your workbench tool range.