Small: Teal/White, Violet/White, Black/Green
Large: Red/Black, Black/Blue
Run like the wind. The Forerunner 15 captures vital stats from your run like distance, time and pace. The Forerunner 15 is also an ideal everyday fitness PA. Now you can track your steps without wearing a separate activity tracking device. Forerunner 15 counts your steps and calories burned throughout the day. Through Garmin Connect, you can monitor your progress toward fitness goals and see overall fitness trends. Since everyone gets consumed in work from time to time, if you’ve been sitting for more than an hour, you get a reminder that it’s time to work. When you get that cue to move, just walk for a couple of minutes to reset the inactivity indicator.
Forerunner 15 has an auto lap function that automatically alerts you when you complete each mile, giving you a friendly beep and a backlit screen that flashes your time for that mile. When you complete your run and save it, you’ll see a summary of how you did, including your total time, distance, average pace and calories. Forerunner 15 even lets you know when you achieve a personal record, like your fastest mile or longest run to date.
For outdoor runs, Forerunner 15 uses GPS to accurately record your time, pace and distance. To track distance and pace when you hit the treadmill or an indoor track, just pair Forerunner 15 with an optional foot pod, which attaches to the laces of your shoe.
The rechargeable battery will last up to 5 weeks in watch/activity tracking mode or 8 hours when using it with GPS on your outdoor runs. Forerunner 15 has a water rating of 5 ATM (50m), which means it resists rain and sweat and can even join you for a swim.
With a simple connection to your Mac® or PC, you can upload your activities to our free online fitness community, Garmin Connect. Here, you can see your run on a map, get more detail on each mile, see a daily summary of your activities and share with friends. You can also join online challenges and earn virtual badges for extra motivation.
• Display size, WxH: Small: 2.1 x 2.0cm; Large: 2.5 x 2.4cm
• Display resolution, WxH: 55 x 32 pixels
• Large size is colours blue/black and red/black. Small is teal/white, violet/white and black/green.
• Touchscreen: No
• Weight: Small: 36g; Large: 43g
• Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
• Battery life: 5 weeks in watch mode; 8 hours in training mode
• Water rating: 5 ATM (50m)
• GPS-enabled: Yes
• High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
Maps and Memory
• Basemap: No
• Ability to add maps: No
• Accepts data cards: No
• History: 7 activities
• Waypoints/favorites/locations: 0
• Routes: 0
Features and Benefits
• Heart rate monitor: Yes (Some versions)
• Bike speed/cadence sensor: No
• Foot pod: Yes (optional)
• Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer): No
• Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): Yes
• Virtual Partner® (train against a digital person): No
• Virtual Racer™ (compete against other activities): No
• Courses (compete against previous activities): No
• Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed): Yes
• Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap): Yes
• Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout): No
• Multi-sport (changes sport mode with a press of a button): No
• Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts): No
• Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace): No
• Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal): No
• Vibration alert: (choose between alert tones and/or vibration alert): No
• Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals): No
• Heart rate-based calorie computation: Yes
• Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness): No
• Customizable screen(s): Yes
• Barometric altimeter: No
• Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): No
• Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT+™-enabled power meters): No
• Temperature (displays and records temperature while you ride): No
• Sport watch: Yes
• Virtual Pacer™ (compares current running pace to target): Yes
• Personal records: Yes
• Run/walk feature: Yes
• This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows® XP or newer and Mac® OS X 10.4 or later.
In the box
• Forerunner 15
• Charging/data cable