Tactix allows your to plan your route in amazing detail; you can record up to 1000 waypoints, and record GPS ‘Breadcrumb’ trails, so you can find your way back just as easily, if you go off the trail. You can even plan and share your adventures with your friends and family using BaseCamp and BaseCamp mobile, all wirelessly via Tactix’s built in Bluetooth and ANT+ capabilities.
The built in altimeter, barometer, and compass accurately track your exact position, elevation, and can help you predict weather patterns by showing you short-term trends in air pressure. And, unlike some electronic compasses, the 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing whether you’re moving or not.
If all that isn’t enough for you, the Tactix is incredibly rugged and durable and designed to withstand the demands of military tactical units. It has a scratch-resistant, curved lens which prevents reflection, and a green, easy to read backlight. Finally, the Tactix also has sun/moon information and a hunt/fish calendar, as well as all the basic watch functions you’d expect.
• Fitness Functions: Auto Pause, Auto Lap, Alerts, Distance, Pace, Calories, Laps, Cadence (with option cadence/speed sensor), and more
• Jumpmaster feature for experienced skydivers
• Watch Functions: time, date, alarm, timer, chronograph, chimes, and vibrations
• Battery Life: Up to 50 Hours (GPS Mode), 3 Weeks (sensor mode), 5 weeks (watch mode)
• USB Interface
• High sensitivity receiver