As the rider pedals, the weather-sealed Harmony hub interface monitors pedal cadence, senses vehicle speed and automatically adjusts ratio in the hub to maintain the set cadence as terrain and conditions change.
The Harmony Advanced Controller also offers the cyclist the option to shift manually and directly manage the continuously variable ratio range (orange display mode). Ratio changes are made simply by twisting the grip on the controller.
Perfect as a commuter and city bike, the Orange CX NuVinci gives you 48NM of torque to tackle steep hills and smooth power delivery for that famous Gazelle cycling experience.
The Harmony gear system and comfort orientated geometry will suit the cyclist looking for a high quality bike in urban areas. The Orange CX NuVinci continues Gazelle's tradition as Australia's most awarded E-Bike Brand.
Bosch Active Line
The Bosch Active engine is the latest pedal assist system from Bosch and delivers a maximum speed of 25km/h as per Australia's e-bike regulations. The Bosch Active motor is particularly suitable for the recreational and commuter cyclist. The system provides both the optimal pedaling assistance for everyday journeys as well as helping on longer weekend rides. The combination of the performance of the Bosch Active motor with Gazelle's legendary quality ensures an optimal and smooth cycling sensation.
Bosch motor, battery and display information
The Bosch system has three sensors, which measure accurately how hard you ride, how many revolutions are made with the pedals and how much force is thereby applied. When you cycle up a hill, the sensors will detect this and the engine responds immediately. The powerful engine will deliver extra torque to compensate for the loss of speed. The engine is therefore used according to your cycling requirements so that no energy is wasted.
Having the motor positioned in the crank area has 3 advantages;
• The engine sits in the middle of the frame and the bottom bracket so the bike has a low center of gravity and is more stable.
• An engine that is connected directly to the crankshaft gives a very powerful support, because the force is concentrated at one place.
• The engine, sensors and electronics are all together. It is a robust system with minimal cables and cords so the risk of failure is reduced.
The battery of the Bosch system is located under the rear rack. The battery can either be charged on the bike or the battery can be easily removed from under the carrier and plugged into a wall socket. If you have the charger on hand, you can charge the battery anywhere.
The display of Bosch Active Line provides you with lots of useful information and is very easy to read. The display provides information about the distance cycled, average speed, trip time, km range left on battery, clock, max speed achieved and power meter.
On the side of the display you will find a 'Walk-Assist' button that when pressed activates the bicycle to move up to 6km/h when you are off the bike. This is a very handy feature for example if you are walking up steep ramps, and don't wish to push with your panniers full.
The display is operated by using a practical remote unit on the handlebar. It lets you keep your hands on the grips and still operate your bike, which increases your safety. Additionally, there is a useful USB input on the display. This is handy because it ensures that your navigation, smartphone or other USB devices can charge while you are cycling, practical for a long bike ride.
• Front Light: Gazelle FenderVision
• Rear Light: Axa Riff
• Motor: Mid-Engine Bosch Active
• Sensors: Pedal force sensor, rotation sensor and speed sensor
• 'Walk Assist' Feature: Yes
• Fork: Adjustable Sprung
• Handlebar: Gazelle Aerowing II Vario Comfort
• Saddle: Selle Royal Herz
• Seatpost: Suspended Post Modern
• Tyres: Schwalbe City Lite
• Rims: Rodi VR19 622(700C)
• Braking System: Hydraulic Magura Rim HS11
• Chain Case: Cadena
• Frame: Aluminium
• Rear Carrier: Aluminium with Bosch Battery integrated
• Gear System: NuVinci Harmony System
• Colour: Black/Silver
• Weight: 23.4kg (excl. battery)
• Frame Size: 53cm