Hydralyte Apple/Blackcurrant Flavoured Effervescent Electrolytes are effective at combating dehydration. Hydralyte's are a great solution for training as well as during and after sports events to keep your body properly hydrated.
Hydralyte is an Oral Rehydration Solution, scientifically formulated to replace water and electrolytes lost due to vomiting, diarrhoea, heavy sweating, vigorous exercise and excess alcohol consumption. Hydralyte may be taken on the first signs of fluid loss due to vomiting and diarrhoea. Hydralyte may also be taken to help manage dehydration due to the loss of fluids through heavy sweating, this can be caused by a hot or dry environment, fever or strenuous exercise. Hydralyte helps to restore fluid lost as a result of the diuretic effect of alcohol and is best taken before you go to bed.
Signs of Dehydration
Common signs of dehydration include sticky or dry mouth, increased thirst, decreased or dark yellow urine, lethargy, fatigue, dizziness and headache. Further symptoms of dehydration may include lack of concentration, irritability, sunken fontanelle (soft spot on babies heads), dry nappies and sunken eyes.
• Sodium chloride
• Potassium chloride
• Sodium bicarbonate
• Citric acid anhydrous
• Glucose anhydrous
Product also contains
Nature identical colour (160a), natural flavour, sucralose.
1. Remove two tablets from the tube and replace the cap tightly. Dissolve in 200 mL drinking water (2-3 minutes). For babies under 6 months use freshly boiled and cooled water.
2. Sip slowly and frequently while symptoms persist. Discard unused solution after 2 hours or 24 hours if refrigerated.
3. Avoid mixing Hydralyte with soft drink, cordial of fruit juice as these interfere with the dehydration process.
4. Always dissolve in water. Never place tablet directly into mouth.
• Take in the first 6 hours
• Under 12 months: 200-400 mL
• 1-3 years: 400-600 mL
• 3-6 years: 600-900 mL
• 6-12 years: 900-1500 mL
• Over 12: 1200-2000 mL