Sponsored Rider: Jamie SellStyle: MTB - Current Bike: PIVOT 429 XT/XTR
Jamie is currently 18 yrs old and was born on 22/11/1993. Jamie lives in Hill Top, NSW and is a member of the Southern Highlands Cycling Club. Currently in year 11 and about to begin his HSC at Bowral High School, NSW.
Jamie has been riding bikes his whole life and have been racing MTB competitively for the past 3 years as well as racing track the past 2 years and the occasional road race. He races locally with the Southern Highlands cycling club as well as competing at a state level and is now making the transition to the national level. Jamie was recently one of 20 riders chosen to participate in the James Williamson junior development camp. Over that weekend the coaches (Dylan Cooper, Shawn Lewis, Jenni King and Niki Fisher) taught about nutrition, core stability, training, bike skills/technique as well as race strategies and most importantly how to keep a positive attitude. As part of the development camp Jamie received free entry to the Australian National Mountain bike round 3 at Mt Stromlo and the James Williamson Enduro challenge.
Jamie is currently a 1st year under 23 rider and hopes to improve his results short and long term.
Jamie's previous ride was a TREK paragon 29er, but is now riding the PIVOT 429 XT/XTR and has received coaching for Track and MTB from Rod Mcgee.
- 1st in round 1 of the NSWs State Mountain Bike Series: Under 23s
- 1st Duo Classic 50km under 19s
- 4th James Williamson Enduro
- 2nd South Coast Schools Championship
- 1st under 18 Capital Punishment 50km/ 20th overall
- 2nd under 18 Back Yamma Bigfoot 50km
- 1st under 18 rocky trail 6+6/ 2nd overall
- 2nd Southern Highlands 3 hour
- 1st SCUM 6hr, junior team
- 3rd NSW all schools state championships (School Teams)
- Many club races
- 1st Jet Black 6+6 open male pairs
- 1st Junior team, Rocky Trail rd 1 8hr
- 2nd open singlespeed, rockytrail 4hr
- 1st Junior team Rocky Trail rd 3
- 1st Junior team rocky trail rd 4
- 1st Rocky trail junior series
- 1st scum 6hr, junior team
- 2nd NSW all schools state championships (School Teams)
- 3rd ACT state championships (School Teams)
- Many club races
Races competed in recently
- Bike Buller stage race
- Wagga wagga 6hr
- Bright 6hr
- Fitzroy falls 4hr
- Chocolate foot enduro series
- NSW state championships
Upcoming races - James Williamson enduro challenge 50km - Rocky Trail 6+6 - Capital punishment 50km - Australian Mountain bike National rd 3 - Rocky Trail enduro series - Chocolate foot Enduro series - National 6+6 - Club races
"... I raced on the weekend and managed 12th position in elite which i was very happy with as I've just
had 2 weeks off the bike due to the flu. This was my first long race on the Pivot and I couldn't be any
happier with it..."