Shimano class the XC51 as an "entry level" shoe but other than the fact Shimano have stated this there isn't anything which gives this away when you look at this shoe. The build quality is second to none with its tough synthetic leather upper construction which features armour to protect your foot from impact damage and Shimano's Dynalast sole which provides a precise fit and impeccable pedalling efficiency.
The XC51 offers fantastic levels of grip with its mud shedding polyurethane outsole and should the conditions really get gloopy the optional spike mount may be just the ticket to your first podium!
Spikes not included.
• Low-profile micro-adjust buckle securely holds foot
• Cross X Strap is optimized for relieving tension on top of foot during push off
• Tough, synthetic leathers provide great protection, excellent durability
• Optimum Pedalling Efficiency
• Glass fibre reinforced nylon sole
• Soft arch pad for un-clipped stability
• Mud-shedding polyurethane outsole lugs allows mud debris to pass through