A new era for rear derailleurs
The absoluteBlack HOLLOWcage for Shimano Dura-Ace and Ultegra models features a revolutionary mono-plate design with the quietest, best shifting, aerodynamic derailleur cage created to date. The HOLLOWcage is constructed with a carbon fibre-polymer matrix with bespoke, oversized, full ceramic bearings and the most advanced silencing pulleys created, producing an unparalled road cycling experience in all situations.
Meet the silent xring pulley
The familiar clunking noise of your bike’s chain engaging the pulleys has been accompanying us on every ride for decades. It’s time for a change. The completely revolutionized carbon-fibre absoluteBlack pulleys leaves its noisy polymer and aluminum predecessors in the dust, with a 12-14dB, or roughly 60% noise reduction compared to stock Dura-Ace pulleys. This is achieved by the special xring rubber suspended bands which dampen the impact of the chain on the guide pulley teeth, essentially eliminating the engagement noise.
A superior guide pulley for seamless shifting
As it is directly mounted to the rotating pivot axle and moves the chain left and right for gear changes, the single most important factor which impacts the shifting is the upper pulley itself. Unlike other pulley cage systems, the HOLLOWcage uses abnormally large, bespoke, full ceramic bearings which make the pulleys incredibly stiff to allow for greater shifting precision. Furthermore, the upper pulley on the HOLLOWcage features very tall teeth to increase contact with the chain and thus provide the best possible shifting precision.
• Patent pending silent xring pulley - over 12dB noise reduction compared to stock Dura Ace pulleys
• Flexible OSPW cage aligns better with the angle of the chain to produce less friction and therefore less Watts lost
• Stiffer upper pulley with tall teeth provides greater shifting
• More aerodynamic then the OEM cage and other oversized cages
• Saves more watts then other cages
• One of the lightest oversized cages available
• First mono plate construction of its kind
• Compatibility: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100/9150, Ultegra 8000/8050 (fits up to 32T cassette)
• Materials: Carbon fiber-polymer matrix, 7075 Aluminum, rubber, ceramics
• Included: Complete cage, lockring tool, 2x spare xring rubbers, 14ml GRAPHENlube
• Colour (Lower lockring): Red
• Weight: 71g