Attach Repair Essentials To Your Bikes' Saddle Rails
Road cyclists everywhere can now hit the tarmac with this minimalist BACKCOUNTRY RESEARCH CAMRAT STRAP looking after the under-the-saddle, on-bike-storage of tyre tubes and repair essentials. With features borrowed from its MTB RACE STRAP cousin, the CAMRAT offers the same reliable holding power and easily has the capacity for up to two tubes and a CO2 cartridge.
Easy To Mount Under Road Bike Saddle
Attaching without difficulty to the rails under your road bike saddle this CAMRAT STRAP with OVERLOCK has glove-friendly pull points and multiple hook & loop contact points to eliminate any chance of your bundle working loose or spilling your goodies. By the way, what do you get when you read the word "tarmac" backwards? - CAMRAT, that's what.
Dual Shockcord Retention System
The pre-load section is where the two shock cord retention straps hold your tubes, levers and inflation canisters etc in place. before attaching the lot to your saddle rails using the adjustable hook and loop strap with Overlock. This retention system also helps to prevent your goodies from falling to the ground during installation.
How To Load
Simply centre the tube on the grip-strip and pull the dual shock cords up and over the ends of the tube to lock it down, then flip it over and slide in your choice of inflation, multi-tool or levers.
How To Mount
Position your bundle under the saddle with the tube and shock cords facing the front wheel. Feed the contoured "loop end" through the seat rails, then pass the strap end through the loop, reef down on your bundle and lock the lot down with the hook & loop strap. Please note that the 'retention straps' shown in our product images are the updated version of the 'inner pre-load strap' shown in the video link.
The strap itself is 33cm long and has a width of 25mm (1"). It's designed to hold 1-2 tubes and can be paired with your choice of up to 2 x canisters (16g, 20g or 25g), a multi-tool, mini pump, levers or whatever combo you like.
Made With Long-Lasting, Rugged Materials
The BACKCOUNTRY RESEARCH CAMRAT STRAP is super-lightweight (30g) and constructed with rugged, long-lasting materials. It is sewn with #92 industrial UV and rot resistant bonded polyester thread. And, while these straps are incredibly easy to swap from one bike to another, they are available in such a huge variety of colours, and so reasonably priced that you could just as easily buy one for each bike in your garage.
• Road bike under-the-saddle storage mount strap
• Gear stays put no matter how rough the terrain
• Sticks to your saddle like "poo to a shoe"
• Dual shock cord retention system
• Pre-load straps keep gear more tightly bound
• Holds tubes, canisters, multi-tool, levers etc.
• Glove-friendly pull points
• 25mm (1") width easily fits in tight spaces
• 330mm strap length
• Weighs just 30 grams
• Intuitive on/off design
• 13pt Bartack construction throughout
• 28pt Heavy-duty Bartacks on all shock cord stress points
Additional Appealing Features
• Easy to swap from one bike to another
• Quickly and easily mounts repair essentials to saddle rails
• Multiple hook & loop contact points
• Overlock closure extends strap life
• High-end heavyweight webbing that won't bleed (resists fading too)
• Made strong using top-shelf materials
• Clean-up is easy, hose off or throw in the wash (air dry)
• Works with BR's Tube Tarp (sold separately)
• Built in Bozeman, MT, USA
• Sewn with #92 industrial UV and rot resistant bonded polyester thread