Larger Frame Mount Strap To Keep Your Gear Where You Want It
When you take on a BACKCOUNTRY RESEARCH MUTHERLOAD MAGNUM FRAME STRAP you will not just say goodbye to juggling ride essentials, rubber bands or one-handed cinching. You'll take all of the features and benefits of the original Mutherload upsized by 50% . . . and this little beauty also lets you mount what you want, where you want it, anywhere on your frame.
Sticks To Your Frame Like "Poo To A Shoe"
Once correctly attached, this strap will stick to your frame like "poo to a shoe" even over the most demanding XC/Enduro race courses and trails anywhere - regardless of how many knocks it takes.
The strap itself is 87cm long and has a width of 38mm (1.5"). It's designed to hold a standard 26", 27.5" or 29" tube by itself or pair with up to 2 x canisters (16g, 20g or 25g), a multi-tool, mini pump, levers or whatever combo you like. If you want a slightly narrower strap try the standard version of the MUTHERLOAD FRAME STRAP. It is 25mm (1") wide and 58cm long.
Fits Most Standard & Carbon Frame Sizes
The BACKCOUNTRY RESEARCH MUTHERLOAD MAGNUM FRAME STRAP adjusts to accommodate frames as small as 101mm (4") in circumference (think steel frame) all the way up to a 228mm (9") circumference carbon frame.
Made With Long-Lasting, Rugged Materials
The Mutherload Magnum Strap weighs in at roughly 60g and is constructed with rugged, long-lasting materials. It is sewn with #92 industrial UV (and rot) resistant bonded polyester thread. And, while these straps are incredibly easy to swap from one bike to another, they are so reasonably priced that you could just as easily buy one for each bike in your garage.
Dual Shockcord Retention System
The pre-load section is where the two shockcord retention straps hold your tubes, levers and inflation canisters etc. before attaching the lot to your frame using the adjustable hook and look strap. This retention system also helps to prevent your goodies from falling to the ground during installation.
How To Load
Simply centre the tube on the grip-strip and pull the dual shockcords up and over the ends of the tube to lock it down, then flip it over and slide in your choice of inflation, multi-tool or levers.
How To Mount
Frame your bundle where you want it with the tube and shockcords facing the frame. Feed the slack end through the contoured loop and reef before sealing via the hook & loop strap. Please note that the 'retention straps' shown in our product images are the updated version of the 'inner pre-load strap' you'll see in the video link.
• Wide bicycle frame mount strap
• Mounts what you want, where you want it
• Gear stays put no matter how rough the terrain
• Sticks to your frame like "poo to a shoe"
• Dual shockcord retention system
• Pre-load straps keep gear more tightly bound
• Holds tubes, canisters, multi-tool, levers etc.
• Picker free and won't snag shorts
• Glove-friendly pull points
• 38mm (1.5") width easily fits in tight spaces
• 870mm strap length
• Weighs just 66 grams
• Intuitive on/off design
• Safe for carbon frames
• Heavy-duty Bartacks used on all shockcord stress points
Additional Appealing Features
• Easy to swap from one bike to another
• Quickly and easily mounts anywhere on your frame
• Adjusts to accommodate most frame sizes
• Multiple hook & loop contact points
• Offers multiple mounting options
• Made strong using top-shelf materials
• Clean-up is easy, hose off or throw in the wash
• Built in Bozeman, MT, USA
• Sewn with #92 industrial UV and rot resistant bonded polyester thread