Attach Repair Essentials To Your Saddle Rails
No matter how rough the terrain you can depend on the BACKCOUNTRY RESEARCH RACE STRAP with OVERLOCK to keep your ride essentials locked tightly to your saddle rails on even the most demanding XC/Enduro race courses and trails.
Easy To Mount Under MTB Saddle
Attaching easily to the rails under your mountain bike saddle this RACE STRAP has glove-friendly pull points and multiple hook & loop contact points to eliminate any chance of your bundle working loose or spilling your goodies during gravity checks.
Dual Shockcord Retention System
The pre-load section is where the two shockcord retention straps hold your tubes, levers and inflation canisters etc in place. before attaching the lot to your saddle rails using the adjustable hook and loop strap with Overlock. This retention system also helps to prevent your goodies from falling to the ground during installation.
How To Load
Simply centre the tube on the grip-strip and pull the dual shockcords up and over the ends of the tube to lock it down, then flip it over and slide in your choice of inflation, multi-tool or levers.
How To Mount
Position your bundle under the saddle with the tube and shockcords facing the front wheel. Feed the contoured "loop end" through the seat rails, then pass the strap end through the loop, reef down on your bundle and lock the lot down with the hook & loop strap. Please note that the 'retention straps' shown in our product images are the updated version of the 'inner pre-load strap' shown in the video link.
The strap itself is 37cm long and has a width of 25mm (1"). It's designed to hold a standard 26", 27.5" or 29" tube by itself or pair it with up to 2 x canisters (16g, 20g or 25g), a multi-tool, mini pump, levers or whatever combo you like. If you are running plus sized tubes or fat bike specific tubes try the BACKCOUNTRY RESEARCH GRISTLE STRAP instead.
Made With Long-Lasting, Rugged Materials
The BACKCOUNTRY RESEARCH RACE STRAP is super-lightweight (30g) and constructed with rugged, long-lasting materials. It is sewn with #92 industrial UV and rot resistant bonded polyester thread. And, while these straps are incredibly easy to swap from one bike to another, they are available in such a huge variety of colours, and so reasonably priced that you could just as easily buy one for each bike in your garage.
• Strap to mount ride essentials to MTB saddle rail
• Gear stays put no matter how rough the terrain
• Sticks to your saddle like "poo to a shoe"
• Dual shockcord retention system
• Pre-load straps keep gear more tightly bound
• Holds tubes, canisters, multi-tool, levers etc.
• Glove-friendly pull points
• Dropper compatible
• 25mm (1") width easily fits in tight spaces
• 370mm strap length
• Weighs just 30 grams
• Intuitive on/off design
• 13pt Bartack construction throughout
• 28pt Heavy-duty Bartacks on all shockcord stress points
Additional Appealing Features
• Easy to swap from one bike to another
• Quickly and easily mounts repair essentials to saddle rails
• Multiple hook & loop contact points
• Overlock closure extends strap life
• High-end heavyweight webbing that won't bleed (resists fading too)
• Made strong using top-shelf materials
• Clean-up is easy, hose off or throw in the wash (air dry)
• Works with BR's Tube Tarp (sold separately)
• Built in Bozeman, MT, USA
• Sewn with #92 industrial UV and rot resistant bonded polyester thread