Chase Bicycles utilizes tapered tubing to offer you the most durable, yet light weight products, to help you achieve optimum results on the BMX race track. Our tapered items, use multiple thicknesses in the same tube, so the tube can be reinforced where needed with precision to help reduce stress areas where needed and lighten up the areas that don't require extra materials. In aluminum the result are tube walls that eliminate stress points, boosting strength, reducing weight and improving fatigue life.
The advantage is clear: Tapered tubes enhances strength and durability, at less weight.
Born from some of the best alloys for building BMX race bikes, the special 7005-T6 SpeedLite alloy is the perfect blend for our Hydro-forming process, giving the Element frames the core strength needed to produce unmatched speed on the track, while keeping the overall weight of the frame down to a minimum.
While each rider is unique, Chase Bicycles has developed Bio Fit sizing for the frames to offer riders the ultimate size options for BMX racing. The sizing used for the Chase line has been carefully designed to give riders the optimum power output in the size range offered.
HYDROFORMED TUBE TECHNOLOGY:
Hydroformed tubes have two main advantages. First, the narrow axis is a flatter surface, which means more surface area to carry the load, so it is stiffer & stronger across the minor axis. Secondly, the deeper axis is stiffer since the stiffness varies to the cube of the diameter, stronger to the square. When using an oval shaped tube on a typical BMX frame it helps reduce flex but only in one direction, but on the Chase frames, the tubes are oval in both directions in the main flex areas and these tubes help reduce flex in both main directions.
REINFORCED HIGH STRENGTH:
Using the Chase R&D team race approved CNC'd dropouts on the Edge frame helps make the back end of the bike stiffer.
• FORK: Chase Edge Full Cr-mo, 1″ Steer Tube With Tapered Blades
• HEADSET: Integrated Sealed Bearing
• HANDLEBAR: Chase Edge Bar 5.75″ Rise, 8° Back Sweep & 2° Up Sweep
• GRIPS: Insight C.O.G.S 130mm Alloy Clamps Laser Etched Logo, PVC End Plug
• STEM: Chase Edge 50mm 6061 T6 Alloy Laser Etched Logo
• BB: 113mm Sealed Cartridge Square BB
• CHAINRING: Insight 42 Tooth 4 Bolts 110mm 1/2″x3/32″ 3mm Alloy Ring
• CRANK: Chase Edge 3 Piece Crank 165mm Alloy Arm With Laser Etched Logo, Cr-mo Chain Ring Bolts / Nuts
• PEDAL: Platform Pedal 9/16″
• CHAIN: KMC Z33 1/2″x3/32″
• COG: 16 Tooth
• FRONT HUB: Mini Hub, 24H, Double Contact Seals Bearing with Dust Caps, 3/8″ Axle/Nuts
• REAR HUB: 28H, Sealed Cartridge Bearings with Dust Caps, 3/8″ Axle/Nuts, Steel Cassette Body, 4 Pawls, 96 Points Of Engagement
• SPOKES: 14 Gauge
• NIPPLES: Brass Nipples
• WHEELS : Chase Edge 138 Double Wall 20″x1.3/8″, 24H Front, 28H Rear, Double Contact Seals Bearings Front, Sealed Cartridge Bearing Rear, Steel Cassette Body, 4 Pawls, 96 Points Of Engagement, 16T
• FRONT TYRE Tioga PowerBlock 20″x 1.3/8″
• REAR TYRE: Tioga PowerBlock 20″x 1.3/8″
• TUBES: 20”x 1-3/8″ Schrader Valve
• BRAKE LEVER: Tektro 317A
• BRAKE CALIPER: Tektro BX-1V
• SADDLE: Pro Pivotal
• SEAT POST: Pivotal 25.4x200mm Polished Alloy
• SEAT CLAMP: Chase Edge Integrated on the Frame
• CHAIN TENSIONNER: Kingstar Twin Hole Laser Etched Logo
• WEIGHT : 19.1 lbs / 8.68 kg Without Pedal
• RIDER SIZE : 4ft 11″ - 5ft 5” / 150cm -165cm