Giant COMPEL MIPS Helmet Protection For Young Riders
Just like the adult version but downsized to suit younger riders or those with smaller head circumferences the GIANT COMPEL MIPS YOUTH HELMET offers a host of welcome attributes generally associated with a low and high speed impact-tuned construction. Featuring an ultra-thin toughened Polycarbonate shell and optimised low-density EPS liner it is also fitted out with the revolutionary MIPS brain protection system so your safety has never been in better hands.
MIPS™ Brain Protection System
Developed to reduce rotational violence causing strain to the brain at angled impacts. MIPS mimics the brain’s own protection system by adding a low friction layer between the head and the helmet. A helmet with MIPS can absorb more energy from an angled impact and strives to save the rider from significant brain injury in the event of a crash.
One Size Fits Most
This YOUTH model of the GIANT COMPEL MIPS HELMET is referred to by Giant as being roughly equivalent to a Small/Medium helmet. It fits a head circumference of 49-57cm. Older riders or those with larger heads would be advised to consider the ADULT version which is sized to fit a head circumference of 53-61cm making it roughly equal to a Medium/Large helmet.
Cinch ONE™ Fit System
Delivering a great blend of security and comfort, Cinch ONE™ offers optimal coverage by cradling the occipital bone for full protection, support and comfort. In addition an easy dial function helps to fine tune the fit to suit the rider's head.
TransTextura Plus Anti-Microbial Padding
Highly advanced natural fabrics in the TransTextura Plus anti-microbial padding in the GIANT COMPEL MIPS YOUTH HELMET help to fight bacteria growth by pulling sweat from the rider’s head and transferring it through the AirFlow exhaust ports in the helmet body. The natural property of the fabric inhibits microbes that cause odours.
The GIANT COMPEL MIPS YOUTH HELMET is fitted with a removable (replaceable) snap-on visor and also includes an integrated magnetic dock for compatibility with Giant's Numen Link Tail-Light or Link R Light (sold separately). All things considered this is a helmet that will give cyclists of all ages and experience a reason to ride.
• Giant Compel M.I.P.S. cycling helmet for younger riders
• MIPS revolutionary brain protection system included
• May suit adult riders with small head circumference
• Multi-vent cooling system
• AirFlow exhaust ports
• Anti-microbial, fast-wicking interior padding
• TransTextura Plus™ technology
• Optimised low-density EPS construction
• Ultra-thin toughened Polycarbonate shell
• Low and high speed impact-tuned construction
• Snap-on visor is removable & replaceable
• Suitable for road and off-road use
• CINCH ONE™ fit system for optimal coverage
• Easy dial function for tuning the perfect fit
• Impact-absorbing foam liner
• Meets Australian safety standards
• Integrated magnetic dock works with Giant's Numen Link Tail-Light (sold separately)
• Brand/Model: Giant Compel MIPS Youth Helmet
• Gender: Male
• Age Group: Youth
• Weight: 335g (size Med/Lge)
• Size (Western): One Size Fits Most
• Size Guide: Youth (Small/Medium) circumference 49-57cm
• Size Guide: Adult (Medium/Large) circumference 53-61cm
• Certifications: AS/NZS2063-2008, CPSC/CE