Giro’s Aerohead Ultimate MIPS is the epitome of a time trial helmet. This class leading design features every resource available to Giro to create the ultimate performance gear. The shell of the helmet is constructed from TeXtreme carbon-fibre, a specific style of composite carbon, lighter and stronger than what is often seen in the cycling industry. The wrap around visor is made by ZEISS Optics and is one of their top products. Magnetically attached, it creates a smooth passage through the air (although it is easy enough to remove, or store in the up position).
Continuing the host of features in the helmet is the Roc Loc Air fit system, a hydrophilic, antimicrobial brow pad that can absorb up to ten-times the amount of sweat as standard urethane padding. As a crowning piece, the helmet includes MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System), to ensure maximum safety, redirecting impact energy, providing more protection. All this together makes this helmet comfortable, competitive, light, aerodynamic and above all, safe.
• Weight: 450g
• Included Accessories: Helmet Pod for traveling, second clear shield
• TeXtreme® carbon fiber shell,
• Super Fit Engineering,
• Eye shield made by ZEISS® Optics,
• Magnetic lens anchor attachment,
• MIPS® technology,
• Hydrophilic padding with X-Static anti-microbial fabric
• Construction: Hybrid Construction, TeXtreme™ carbon fiber shell with in-molded EPS liner
• Fit System: Roc Loc® Air
• Ventilation: Vented Shield, Over-brow ventilation, Internal channeling