Off-road e-bikes are evolving quickly, creating a need for components that can keep up with their growing capabilities. We engineered the E-Deemax Pro to withstand the added forces associated with E-bike riding, and to make riding off-road even more fun. It benefits from our years of developing race-winning wheels for some of the top World Cup Enduro racers in the world.
The demands of those racers, who need wheels that can withstand the punishment of high-speed, rugged Enduro tracks while being lightweight and dynamic feeling, parallel those of today’s off-road e-bikes. The E-Deemax Pro features many of the same technologies used in our current performance trail wheels, including UST rims that make it easy to run tubeless tyres. Going tubeless can improve traction and control while reducing the risk of punctures.
The rims are made with our innovative ISM 4D manufacturing process, which removes unnecessary material to minimize weight and reduce inertia while leaving enough material on the sidewalls and spoke bed to retain strength. An extra-wide rim shape (28mm internal width) boosts overall stiffness and helps optimize tyre performance on aggressive terrain.
The wheel is laced with 24 Zicral spokes for maximum power and brake torque transfer. The rear hub features our fast-engaging ID 360 freehub and is compatible with any drivetrain setup.
• Improve the performance of any off-road e-bike.
• 28mm wide (internal) rims with 24 Zicral spokes optimize strength and acceleration in a lightweight package.
• ISM 4D rim technology further minimizes weight while maintaining a stiff and dynamic ride quality.
• ID 360 freehub is reinforced with QRM Auto to handle the added torque of an e-bike.
• Tubeless tyre technology gives you more control on rugged terrain.
• UST system provides user-friendly tubeless technology for better traction and control.
• Eliminating tubes from the wheel system reduces the risk of punctures.
• Quicker acceleration and more agile handling.
• Optimized spoke configuration and wheel design to meet the demands of e-MTB while keeping the weight low.
• ID 360 precise engagement ratchet gives a snappy response.
• Specific rim profile and spoke gauge to handle the added weight of an e-bike.
• Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM
• Front 650b/27,5" without tyre: 845g
• Rear 650b/27,5" without tyre: 1075g
• Front bearings: adjustable sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+), Rear bearings: auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
• Freewheel: Instant Drive 360 steel
• Front and rear bodies: aluminium
• For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 150kg, bike included
• ASTM Category 4: Enduro and Trail Riding
• Recommended tyre sizes: 50mm to 76mm (2.0" to 3.0")
• Internal width: 28mm
• ETRTO size 27.5": 584x28TSS
• Hookless profile
• Weight reduction: ISM 4D
• Valve hole diameter: 6.5mm
• Tyre: UST Tubeless and tube type
• Drilling: Fore
• Joint: SUP
• Material: Maxtal
• Shape: straight pull, flat front and rear drive side and flat, double butted rear non drive side
• Lacing: front crossed 2, rear Isopulse
• Nipples: Fore integrated aluminium
• Count: 24 front and rear
• Material: Zicral
• Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM
• Hub width: Boost (front 110mm, rear 148mm)
• Disc standard: 6 Bolts only
• Colour: Black only
• Multifunction adjustment wrench
• Specific disc bolts
• UST valve and accessories
• User guide