Precision installed on both the left and right cranks of an Ultegra R8000 crankset, this is a new generation of power meter from electronics leader Pioneer, who have shaken up the industry since their entry in 2013. This is the world’s first power meter to take a measurement of force magnitude and force direction every 30° for each leg whilst pedalling, adding up to 12 locations per leg throughout a full rotation.
Pair this with an ANT+™ compatible cycle computer, and you are good to go. Made in Japan, sensitivity is precisely tuned according to the material used in the crank, and its overall rigidity. Load the Sensor Battery Alert function, and a pop-up alert on your compatible cycle computer screen will let you know when you have approximately 10 hours before the sensor battery needs replacement. Relax knowing that you won’t lose log data whilst cycling due to an unforeseen drained battery.
There is the ability to use both left and right sensors as separate power meters, so should you wish at some point to use them separately on two different bikes that is possible. Used together, they will individually measure the power of your left and right leg, and this can be displayed using a compatible cycle computer.
Training Assistance Function
In order to get the most out of your training, a 3 step training program is provided for those who aren’t already familiar with how to do power training, or analyse data. Simply follow the programmed menu, keeping your motivation up by meeting tasks and goals set by the program.
Step 1 – You can use your smartphone to select the menu and goals that suit your skills and goals
Step 2 - Obtain the menu set with your compatible cycle computer, and do your training, completing the tasks according to on-screen instructions
Step 3 – One your phone once again, an explanation is displayed simply, so you can review it and discover new tasks
A maintenance method that evolves to become simpler, with zero point calibration, and battery replacement. Added "auto zero point calibration function" which does not use Cycle Computers, in addition to the original button operation for quick and precise zero point calibration.
After riding (after sensor activation), zero point calibration is performed automatically and takes about 5 minutes when either of the left or right crank arms (sensor side for single types) are set vertically on land. Useful for real runs or after roller training.
• Easy operation with smartphone using dedicated control app and "Cyclo-Sphere Control App"
• Crank length: 172.5mm
• Installed onto the left and right cranks of a Shimano Ultegra FC-R8000 crankset
• Right hand side transmitter cover is included in both metallic grey and metallic red finishes, to suit your style and frame cover
• Right and left side power meters can be used together or separately
• Weight: Approximately 62 g
• External dimensions: (Pedalling monitor sensor -left side) 92.5 mm(W) × 34.7 mm(H) × 8.6 mm(D)
• External dimensions: (Pedalling monitor sensor -right side) Transmitter = 58.3 mm(W) × 46.1 mm(H) × 21.3 mm (D), Strain gauge unit cover = 92.5 mm(W) × 34.7 mm(H) × 7.3 mm
• Water-resistance: This device has a water resistance rating of IPX-6/IPX-7
• Communications system (sensors): ANT+™ *1 standard
• Battery: CR2032
• Battery operating time *2: Approximately 180 hours (normal temperature)
• Guaranteed operational temperature range: -10 to 50°C
• Included: Instruction manual, warranty, battery (CR2032) (attached to sensor), right transmitter cover (metallic red), hexagonal screw (M2.6 x 8mm) x 3 (3 extra for use with right transmitter cover), hexagonal screw (M2.6 x 5mm) x3 (3 for extra use with right transmitter cover), magnet (patch type), patch type magnet base, tape attached for use with chain ring adaptor
• *1 ANT+™ is a low-powered wireless communications standard using the 2.4GHz range
• *2 The battery operating time may decrease depending on the operating conditions