To create these P2 Pedals, Quarq PowerTap took their simple, yet innovative, “plug-and-play” pedal-based power meter and made it sleeker, lighter and gave them 20% more battery life. The P2 Pedals add only 398 grams to your rig, all while showing off a distinct, silver pedal body complete with a lower claw height for increased shoe-to-cleat compatibility. Plus, their dual-sided nature grants you access to Quarq PowerTap's Advanced Pedal Metrics; data you can trust thanks to their industry-leading accuracy, durability and reliability.
Pedal-based power meters have given cyclists new performance insights that before could only be assumed or speculated. While watts and torque are the standard metrics on which training with power begins, this newer power measurement platform has brought with it new and interesting packets of data.
This data revealed such things as the rider’s dominant leg, how often they sit or stand, as well as the arc, or roundness, of their pedal stroke. Quarq PowerTap, set out to separate the useful data from the noise with their Advanced Pedal Metrics (APM).
Getting Started with the Advanced Pedal Metrics:
The Advanced Pedal Metrics are available with the Quarq PowerTap P2 pedals paired via Bluetooth to a device with the Quarq PowerTap mobile app, or via Rouvy virtual training on iOs, Android, or PC. The APM display can be viewed live or reviewed after an activity on your Rouvy Training Diary. (Note that when you create a Quarq PowerTap Mobile App account, a Rouvy account with the same username and password is also created to store and analyze data).
Note: Use only lithium batteries with the P2 pedals. Alkaline batteries could damage the pedals, and damage caused by batteries is not covered by warranty.
• Dual-sided measurement
• Sleekest, lightest, and longest-lasting power pedal Quarq PowerTap have made to date
• Easily swap between bikes for a vast range of compatibility
• Measures left power, right power and Advanced Pedal Metrics
• Weight: 398 grams per pair of pedals (with batteries)
• Thread Type: 9/16"
• Cleat Interface: 3-bolt
• Cleat: Quarq PowerTap Cleats, available in 6-degree or 0-degree float
• Spring Type: Adjustable Elastomer
• Proven Quarq PowerTap Accuracy
• Release Tension: 6-20 Nm
• Stack Height: 14mm
• Centre of Pedal: 53mm (measured from crank to pedal)
• Lean Angle: 25.5 degrees (based on 175mm crank length, 75mm BB drop and 147mm Q-Factor crank)
• Connectivity: ANT+ and Bluetooth
• Battery: AAA Lithium
• Battery Life: 80 hours
• No rider weight limit
In the box:
• One set of Quarq PowerTap P2 power pedals
• One Pair of red 6-degree float cleats
• One Pair of AAA lithium batteries