Schwalbe have been leading the field in tyre development, making sure every cyclist gets the most out of their tyres, and that each tyre, road, gravel, MTB, trail, or DH is fit for purpose.
Schwalbe have developed 4 different compounds, ADDIX, so riders can get the most out of their tyres in the Grip/Rolling resistance ratio and applied them to the appropriate tyres.
Schwalbe Compound Options
• Addix Speed (red identifier), perfect for race specialists, low rolling resistance, extended durability.
• Addix Speed Grip (blue Identifier), almost a universal compound, extended durability, enhanced grip, use for all mountain, trail, cross country.
• Addix Soft (orange identifier), impressive rolling characteristics, outstanding grip, damping and low temperature properties, use for demanding all-mountain trail, enduro, downhill and E-MTB.
• Addix Ultrasoft (purple identifier) provides maximum damping, grip and low temperature performance, use for hardcore enduro and downhill.
Aggressive Downhill Tyre Black
Equipped with everything modern Tyre Black technology has to offer. Schwalbe’s Big Betty is a Downhill and Enduro Allrounder designed for challenging tracks, and aggressive riding in dry to damp conditions, providing uncompromising stability for DH racing at the limit. Confident on rough routes. Whether stone strewn scree, long jumps, or deep drops, Super Downhill is designed for downhill athletes who demand maximum control, maximum stability, and formidable puncture protection.
Sensationally Good Damping
Addix Ultra Soft is the Addix compound for hardcore use in enduro and downhill. Schwalbe’s Big Betty has sensationally good damping properties and performs admirably in cold weather.
Big Betty + Magic Mary = Downhill Control
Big Betty works perfectly on the rear wheel when combined with Schwalbe’s much-loved Magic Mary.
• Formidable puncture protection
• Long supported braking edges for maximum braking traction
• Extremely stable shoulder blocks for outstanding cornering grip
• Schwalbe Recommendation: use Big Betty for rear wheel with Magic Mary on front
• Brand: Schwalbe
• Size: 27.5x2.4" (584-62)
• Model: Big Betty
• Name: Super Downhill
• Tubeless Easy: Schwalbe’s standard, making for an extremely light TL conversion
• E-50: E-Bike compatible to 45kph
• Compound: Addix Ultra Soft
• Bead: Folding
• Line: Evolution