Schwalbe have been leading the field in tyre development, making sure every cyclist gets the most out of their tyres, and that each tyre, road, gravel, MTB, trail, or DH is fit for purpose.
Schwalbe have developed 4 different compounds, ADDIX, so riders can get the most out of their tyres in the Grip/Rolling resistance ratio and applied them to the appropriate tyres.
Schwalbe Compound Options
• Addix Speed (red identifier), perfect for race specialists, low rolling resistance, extended durability.
• Addix Speed Grip (blue Identifier), almost a universal compound, extended durability, enhanced grip, use for all mountain, trail, cross country.
• Addix Soft (orange identifier), impressive rolling characteristics, outstanding grip, damping and low temperature properties, use for demanding all-mountain trail, enduro, downhill and E-MTB.
• Addix Ultrasoft (purple identifier) provides maximum damping, grip and low temperature performance, use for hardcore enduro and downhill.
The Revolution for E-MTB’s
This is Schwalbe’s first real E-MTB specialist tyre for All Mountain and Enduro. It allows uncompromising riding even uphill, takes fierce acceleration as well as technical riding on the trails. Its solid appearance comes from the stable blocks, more rubber and the big widths. The concept, front and rear wheel specific provides maximum performance.
The specially adapted tread design for front and rear wheels, with blocks up to 20% more massive than other Enduro/All Mountain profiles provide grippy grip. The aggressive arrangement, open design and concise V-Grooves in the centre and side blocks provide direct, precise steering characteristics and perfect transmission of engine power to the ground and extreme durability.
Super Puncture Resistance
Super Gravity version: For EDDY CURRENT FRONT and REAR with ADDIX Soft (orange). The tyre is extremely stable, Apex provides excellent puncture-proof qualities, but still very dynamic handling.
• Front and Rear Specific: for maximum performance
• E-MTB Designed: takes anything you and the terrain can dish up
• Precise Steering: concise V-Grooves in the centre and side blocks
• Grippy Grip: massive blocks
• Brand: Schwalbe
• Model: Eddy Current
• Wheel: Rear
• Size: 27.5 x 2.6" (584-65)
• Name: Super Gravity
• Compound: Addix Soft
• Line: Evolution
• Tubeless Easy
• Bead: folding
• Colour: Black
• E-50: E-Bike compatible to 45kph