Expand your use and compatibility through a small wireless unit the EW-WU111, the Di2 system can communicate via ANT private protocol with different devices.
The EW-WU111 can be connected with your smart phone, tablet or PC and once connected, shows your set up and current battery status. The connection between the two devices is made over the new E-Tube App via Bluetooth. A variety of possibilities are being offered such as functional assignments, shifter lever settings, multi and synchro-shift settings and even the option of firmware upgrades on the components.
E-tube is a system platform in order to achieve the Di2 (Digital Integrated Intelligence) concept. E-tube transmits interactive signals and power supply to each electronic component by “plug & play connection. E-tube is a no rust, no stretch, no freeze system and it ensures advanced low maintenance. E-tube project offers, besides customized setting of the electronic components, an update to firmware via Windows PC, tablet or smartphone. You have access to a range of options for a quick check of the electronic components or the system status.
Shimano D-Fly builds on the capabilities of the E-Tube wiring and electronics found in the latest Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems for road bicycles. This wireless component adds another dimension to the Di2 experience by wirelessly connecting riders to their Di2 data through a cycling computer.
• Wireless Protocols: ANT private, Bluetooth LE (wireless)
• Number of E-Tube Ports: 2
• Number of E-Tube Connections: 0
• Master Unit: no
• Compatible Systems: master unit with Bluetooth technology
• Cable Routing: internal or external
• Functions: shift position, Di2 battery charge status , adjust mode display (with PRO bike computer)
• Others: E-Tube-project guarantees firmware updates
• Technology: E-Tube, Shimano D-Fly