This XTR Cassette has a 10-51 spread, and with its BEAM SPIDER construction, the XTR M9100 12-speed cassette shaves weight while increasing SHIMANO's MTB gearing range another gear. Using SHIMANO's new MICRO SPLINE freehub body and HYPERGLIDE+ tooth profile, these cassettes deliver the best MTB shift experience on offer.
When Shimano announced that their cassette had a 51-tooth cog, there was some science behind the New Cassette. It's only a 6-tooth jump to get to that 51-tooth cog, versus the 8-tooth jump on an Eagle cassette. That spacing difference is noticeable, and it makes it easier to maintain a similar cadence after making that shift.
The redesigned cassette and chain promotes the next generation of MTB riding by enhancing speed, shifting efficiency and smoothness over any terrain.
Benefits & Features
• Better chain engagement, stronger retention, and smoother pedaling provide greater power and confidence over rapidly changing terrain.
• Definitive up & down shifting in both directions boosts riders’ concentration and acceleration.
• Ultra-efficient drivetrain with smoother power transmission increases comfort and reduces rider stress.
• A wide range of gearing choices, cassette options and the choice of a single or double front chainring, support a wide variety of MTB riding styles, abilities and preferences.
Delivers lightweight aluminium FREEHUB body to reduce weight and 10 teeth top gear.
Use combination with MICRO SPLINE cassette sprocket and FREEHUB.
Benefits & Features
• Lightweight aluminium MICRO SPLINE FREEHUB seamlessly integrates with small 10-tooth top gears.
• Smaller and more widely distributed splines limit cog damage on lightweight aluminium FREEHUB.
• XTR M9100 Series
• Combination: 10-12-14-16-18-21-24-28-33-39-45-51T
• Let’s you pedal continuously while shifting
• Increased acceleration by reducing inertia and weight
• BEAM SPIDER construction
• HYPERGLIDE+ helps riders by cutting shifting times by a 1/3
• New MICRO SPLINE * construction to engage FREEHUB body
• Weight: 376g