Constructed with 17-4 Stainless Steel and designed to last many lifetimes the Silca Floor Pump Presta Chuck is more than 6 times stronger than brass and 4 times harder, resulting in parts that last longer and are nearly impossible to damage or wear out. Used in aerospace, petrochemical processing and military aircraft to name a few applications and employing mono-crystaline diamond tooling to get the perfect surface finish, this is truly a tool you will hand down to your children and they in turn onto theirs.
Included in your purchase is the newly improved SILCA #242 gasket utilising a high tech, fully synthetic Elastomer base material rather than the black carbon-filled natural rubber of previous gaskets. With a life expectancy of more than 5 times the carbon-filled rubber or Buna-N materials used previously this unique, bright-red gasket boasts two-stage seal geometry which enforces closure on both valve stem and at the base of valve core threads resulting in improved durability and an air-tight seal in even the harshest of environments. The Chuck slips onto the valve stem with a reassuring 'click', while unique internal geometry actually utilises line air-pressure to compress the gasket onto the valve stem: the higher you pump, the harder it grips the stem!
• Easy push-on, pull-off
• Seals ALL Presta valve types
• 17-4 Stainless steel material has 6X the strength and 2X the hardness of Brass
• Formerly known as the 30.0 Presta-Only Head
• Mono-Crystaline diamond tooling to get the perfect surface finish
• Iconic Silca Presta Head design in use by more pro team and shop mechanics than any other
• Includes fully Synthetic Elastomer 242 Presta Chuck Seal (gasket)
• 5X the durability of traditional rubber materials
• Two-Stage gasket sealing geometry optimised for all Presta valve stems
• Pressure amplifying dome geometry uses air-pressure to clamp valve stem
• Schrader valve thread on hose side threads into any Schrader compatible hose attachment
• Hand-Crafted in Indianapolis, USA