Perfect for eliminating that dreaded valve stem 'clicking' or rattling which occurs when the valve stem moves within the valve hole in the rim, generally on rougher roads the SILCA 60mm Removable Valve Core Extension uses a custom designed, compressible ribbed gasket to fit more tightly to the hole and to cushion any contact between the rim and the extension when the gasket is aligned with the hole. Should the gasket be located beyond the hole, it will still provide critical vibration damping which can greatly reduce noise production (and irritation).
PUSHYS NOTE: SILCA Removable Valve Core Extensions work ONLY on tubes and tubulars with Removable Valve Cores. If you need a tube type extension for fixed, or non-removable core tubes, please check out our listings of SILCA Fixed Core Valve Extensions.
• Eliminates valve stem 'clicking' or rattling on the road
• Simple, air-tight installation without tape or threadseal
• Reduces water intrusion
• 6066-T6 Aluminium CNC machined to precision accuracy
• Elastomeric gasket (compressible ribbed gasket)
• Works ONLY on tubes and tubulars with removable valve cores
• Includes tool for removing valve core and tightening extension
• Package Contains: 2 x 60mm Valve Core Extensions | 1 x Installation Tool
• Suits: all Presta valves
• Made in USA
PLEASE USE FITMENT CHART TO DETERMINE REQUIRED SIZE
Note: The fitment recommendations given by SILCA in the chart provided are based on standard clincher and tubular tyre well depths. It's possible your rim may vary slightly. Some rims have deeper tyre wells, and some tubes may use other valve lengths. To ensure a proper fit, you should measure the distance from the inner rim face to the base of the tyre well. Valve stem, plus valve extension should measure 14-24mm longer than distance between rim inner valve hose and outer valve hole. Locating the gasket within the hole is ideal, however, even if the gasket is entirely located outside the rim, some noise reduction will occur due to the damping effect of the gasket.