The design of SICURO Carbon focuses on three factors: perfectly matched geometry, lateral stability and vibration damping. The majority of water bottle ejections in carbon cages happen because the cage fails to prevent the bottle from walking upward when exposed to certain frequencies of vibration. Most companies try to solve this by increasing grip force on the bottle, making it harder to insert and remove. The problem with this is that along with wearing out bottles, the tight grip can actually hold the bottle in a semi-ejected state as it walks upward when exposed to certain washboard type surfaces, placing it perfectly to be ejected on the next large hit. SILCA used their multi-axis shake rig and high speed cameras, and learned that they could use less grip force combined with a perfectly matched forward lip geometry and their unique 'wings' on the sides of the cage to drive the bottle back down into the cage under these same frequencies.
• Unidirectional Omni-ply layup with viscoelastic damping polymer
• Designed to laser scans of popular bottles for exceptional fit
• Exceptional bottle retention
• 12mm Fore-Aft mounting adjustability
• Low profile, ultra-stable 6-4 Titanium mounting bolts
• 26 grams w/o bolts