Two technologies combined
In designing the FLUX we put together direct drive technology with an electro brake to create an accessible Smart and interactive direct drive.
• 1500W power
• 10% maximum slope
Smart and fully connected
This trainer is connected wirelessly to smartphones and tablets and knows the ANT+ FE-C protocol, allowing you to train with Tacx apps as well as third-party apps like Zwift and TrainerRoad. You can also train stand-alone; if you do not connect the trainer, it will simulate a flat road.
The FLUX offers the most realistic simulation of a pedal stroke as it is equipped with the heaviest flywheel thus far (7kg).
The inner parts of the FLUX were selected with care to keep sound levels at a minimum.
The setup of the FLUX enables an easy, automatic calibration process to ensure high accuracy (<5%)
Stable and robust
The FLUX has been designed to enable you to really push your limits, especially when standing on the pedals (670 x 650mm footprint)
Plug and play
As the FLUX is a direct drive you simply remove your bike’s rear wheel and place it directly on the trainer, step on and start training.
The FLUX shows when it is connected to the mains and to a device over ANT+ or Bluetooth by an LED light on the side.
Tacx Smart trainers use the Bluetooth Smart and ANT+ FE-C protocol for communication which allows them to be controlled by third-party software. The software receives the speed, cadence and power from the trainer and controls the brake.
• Magnets: 8 Permanent ferrite magnets & 8 electromagnets
• Transmission: None
• Electrical requirements: 110-240 Volt
• Power indicator: None
• Connection indicator (ANT/BT): 2 LEDs
• Firmware upgradable: Yes
• Supplied with: Quick release for road bikes and mountain bikes (5mm)
• Suitable bikes: Width of rear fork: Race 130mm, MTB 135mm. Adapters for other widths available. Not suitable for a long cage rear derailleur
• Suitable cassettes: Various Shimano, SRAM & Campagnolo cassettes
• Max. power (40 km/h): 1500 Watt
• Max. slope: 10%
• Simulation of descent: No
• Max. torque: 22.1Nm
• Max. brake force: 65N
• Flywheel: Actual of 7kg
• Flywheel effect: 22.8kg
• Calibration: Spin down
• Footprint (lxw): 670×650mm
• Height: 465mm
• Dimensions when folded: Not foldable
• Weight: 16kg
• Article number: T2900
Data Output and Control
• Wireless communication: ANT+ FE-C, Bluetooth Smart open
• Control by: Smartphone, tablet, ANT+ FE-C bike computers and stand-alone. Connect to computer via ANT+ antenna
• Output: Speed, cadence and power
• Read out on: Smartphone, tablet, bike computer, sports watch, computer with ANT+ antenna
• Accuracy: <5%