With innovation comes inspiration, and vice versa. Held as the benchmark in the MTB industry for ultra-lightweight and super-strong componentry, Thomson continues to provide riders with the finest quality parts. Their on-going testing program ensures that every production lot of seatposts meets Thomson standards.
The Masterpiece is Thomson’s ultimate seatpost and is over 40% stronger on ultimate strength from the strongest production seatposts that Thomson have tested. Masterpiece posts weigh approximately 40 grams less than the same size Elite post. This weight reduction is accomplished while maintaining the strength and durability expected of a Thomson seatpost. This weight reduction is accomplished by machining the seatpost all over, including the oval inner diameter. Thomson is able to hold closer tolerances by machining rather than by extrusion alone. Machining over an already beautiful design makes the Masterpiece Seatpost a work of art. It has a long 1.614 inch (41 mm) seat rail grip length. This helps prevent seat rail bending from impact loads and under severe impact the Thomson Masterpiece seatpost will bend slightly but allow the rider to come to a stop or continue the ride. SP-M106SB.
• Dimensions: 30.9 x 350mm length
• Setback: 16mm
• Forged clamps
• Weight: 192 grams
• Masterpiece's tube and head is integral-machined from one single piece of high strength 7000 series aluminium
• Superior strength, weight and ease of adjustment
• Over 40% stronger on ultimate strength test than the strongest production seatposts on the market
• 41 mm seat rail grip length prevents seat rail bending from impact loads
• Infinite tilt adjustment minus 5° and plus 29°.
• Very low profile clamps means no seat interference as the swivel nuts are down between the seat rails
• Certified to: EN 14766 2006 MTB
• Colour: Black