The new Hold Fast anti-sway cradles with Road Dampening Technology (RDT) are designed especially for use with carbon-frame bikes. Inner layers made of soft "fingers" that flex to absorb large shocks and the upper layer composed of thermoplastic elastomer (TPE), a gel-like substance that gently but firmly cups your bike frame to reduce vibration for a smoother ride. The cradles also include No-Sway Cages that provide a third contact point for the bike, preventing sway and bike-to-bike contact. The cages also have TPE bumpers to protect your bike frames from scratches.
In addition to allowing different bike heights, the rack arms on the Apex are longer, adding more space between the cradles than standard dual-arm racks to protect your bikes even better. The arching arms, just like standard dual-arm racks, give great bike support, and it's less likely that you will need a bike adapter bar. However, adapter bars might be needed for smaller, alternative and women's frame bikes.
The Apex Swing includes an ergonomic quick-release lever (HitchSwitch). This lever enables you to fold down the arms for storage. Also, the lever audibly clicks to reassure you that the arms are locked in place. For security, the Apex Swing offers a built-in cable lock along with the locking mechanism on the hitch connection.
• Snug-Tite receiver lock virtually eliminates hitch rack movement in receiver and locks the hitch rack to the vehicle
• Hold Fast RDT (Road Dampening Technology) Cradles absorb the shock of the road protecting your bike during transport
• Arc design of the arms gives bikes greater clearance off the ground and provides greater distance between bikes
• Increased mast height for improved ground clearance
• Patented No-Sway Cage to prevent bike to bike contact
• Heavy-duty integrated lock allows you to lock the bikes to rack and stores in the hitch rack when not in use
• Available in a 4 bike version only
• Integrated handle for easy carrying and handling
• Folding Hitch Switch allows the arms to fold when not in use and tilts the carrier down for rear of vehicle access
• Load capacity Bikes: Four (4)
• Only fits 50mm (2") receivers
• Not compatible with 30mm receivers
• One Key System compatible
• Fits most bikes with disc brakes
• Not suitable for Tandem Bikes
• Weight capacity: 63 kg (maximum)