Boostinator kits allow non-boost wheels to be mounted in Boost spacing frames and forks. Boostinator kits consist of a specially-designed axle end cap and, in the case of rear kits, a precision-machined rotor spacer with a set of six high-strength bolts. In keeping with Boost specifications, the disc and cassette are shifted outboard, allowing brakes and derailleurs to function as designed.
The benefits of the “Boost” 15x110mm front and 12x148mm rear axle standards are clear: better clearance for fatter tyres & rims and reduced dish for stiffer, stronger wheels. The big bummer? Taking full advantage requires not only a new frame and fork, but new wheels as well. Boostinator kits allow non-boost wheels to be mounted in Boost spacing frames and forks.
In response, Wolftooth have developed the Boostinator. When paired with compatible 15x100mm or 12x142mm hubs, Boostinator kits allow existing wheels to be mounted in Boost-standard frames and forks. Disc and drivetrain positions are maintained and, thanks to a quick re-dish, spoke bracing angles are improved.
*Note: Re-Dishing of the rear wheel will be required*
Boostinator HF Installation
Tools and Supplies Required:
• Protective eyewear
• Torque wrench with T25 bit
• Clean rag
• Truing stand
• Spoke wrench
• 2x1in section of old inner tube
• Use pliers to pull drive-side end cap from hub
• Use old inner tube to protect end cap finish from pliers
• Pull firmly along hub axis: end cap is held inside axle with external o-ring
• Use rag to clean end cap recess and inside of hub axle
• Press Boostinator end cap into hub axle
• Press firmly until met with a hard (metal-on-metal) stop. O-ring will hold end cap in place
*Important: If unfamiliar with wheel building or truing, we strongly recommend taking your Boostinated wheel to a local shop for re-dishing.*
• Mount wheel in truing stand.
• True wheel to remove any major hops or wobbles.
• Re-dish wheel by loosening disc side and tightening drive-side spokes 1/4-turn per pass.
• If previously true and properly dished, most wheels will require less than 1/2-turn loosening on disc side spokes and less than one turn added to drive-side spokes.
• De-tension and true wheel as needed.
• The Boostinator HF is compatible with 15x100mm Hope Pro 2 EVO and Pro 4 front hubs
• Non-EVO Pro 2 hubs are not supported
• Material: 6061 aluminium
• Included: Rear kits come with appropriate-length Class 10.9 bolts – each roughly 40% stronger than more common Class 8.8 hardware
• Net weight: 6g