Unique Niche for 650b Wheelsets
The term Road Cycling now encompasses any type of road, not necessarily paved ones. Bikes are also evolving to fit smaller riders, and this is where the Zipp 303 Firecrest 650b Tubeless Disc-brake wheelset comes in.
Smaller Rim Size, Bigger Tyres
The smaller rim size provides room within frames and forks for larger tyres, 28mm or wider, that deliver increased comfort, compliance, and cornering performance. With more tyre between the rim and the ground, the overall wheel diameter including the tyre is similar to a standard 700c wheel and road tyre combination.
Smaller Wheels, Better Fit
Back on the pavement, the 650b is a better fitting wheel for smaller athletes riding compatible frames. For too long, many smaller cyclists have trained and raced on standard 700c wheels, losing out on the advantages of a proper fitting bike such as improved handling and the elimination of front wheel-toe overlap. At the centre of the 303 650b Firecrest Tubeless is a versatile and durable hubset, the German-engineered ZR1 DB.
ABLC refers to the dimpled pattern found on all Zipp’s carbon rims, enhancing aerodynamics.
AEROBALANCE is designed to help you go faster, reducing drag, but also limiting the effects of crosswinds on handling.
TSE TECHNOLOGY has been developed by Zipp’s engineers to provide greater speed through reduced rolling resistance, wind resistance, reduced weight, and reduced vibration loss.
Zipp wheels, handlebars, stems, and seatposts come with a lifetime warranty for product issues while riding. The lifetime warranty is not transferrable. Proof of purchase is required.
• Zipp Graphics: and cosmetic identity that scream speed
• Versatile 45mm Rim Profile: for increased speed and better cornering, control and comfort
• Tubeless Design: provides secure performance when ridden at lower tyre pressures
• ZR1 DB hubset is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement
• Built with Sapim CX Sprint J-bend spokes
• Centre locking rotor interface. Lockring is included
• Ships With: 12mm front and rear end caps, CentreLock lockring
• Driver Body: SRAM XDR™
• Campagnolo driver body sold separately
• Size: 650b
• Internal Rim Width: 21mm
• External Rim Width: 30mm
• Rim Finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
• Rim Profile: Symmetrical
• Rim Construction: Carbon with Hooks
• Tyre Compatibility: Tube-type or Tubeless tyres
• Brake Compatibility: Centre Lock Disc
• Hub: 12x100mm
• Spokes: Sapim® CX-Sprint J-bend
• Spoke Length Drive Side: 242mm, 248mm
• Spoke Length Non Drive Side: 246mm
• Build: 24x 2 cross spokes
In The Box
• Zipp 303 FireCrest 650b Front Wheel
• Fitted: rim tape and valves
• Rotor Lock Ring
• Valve Core Remover tool