The Zipp 303 NSW Tubeless Rim brake can be descried in three words “Advanced development Defined”. But the 303 is not your average race day only wheel to be tucked away in a wheel bag until the rider pins on a race number. The New 303 NSW has developed a new level of all-around performance. A wheel made for both race day havoc and the extreme conditions of training. Experience extreme straight-line speed without the fear of pinch flats with the new Tubeless design. Gran fondos and wandering Off-Road adventures. The 303 NSW, with a lighter weight and a revised carbon layup that increases strength is made to handle whatever the rider throws at it. With the wheel being tested on the famed cobbles of the Arenberg Forest with the world’s fastest riders. The rider can be assured they are getting the quickest of the quick.
The year of the Tubeless
The benefits of Tubeless include superior flat protection, the ability to run lower pressures, and a smoother ride with high cornering grip and low rolling resistance. This wheelset, though, allows you to run Tubeless or traditional clinchers.
With a 19 mm internal rm width and corresponding outer rum shape for aerodynamic optimization with 25mm tyres. The wheel set allows for both Tubeless or traditional clinchers to be run. The benefits of Tubeless include superior flat protection, the ability to run lower pressures, and a smoother ride with high cornering grip and low rolling resistance.
Braking Performance Perfected
The all new ShowStopper™ Textured braking surface for Zipp is a durable and versatile new textured braking surface. That allows for better braking performance whether in wet or dry conditions.
Zipp’s ImPress™ graphics technology has been employed, which prints graphics directly on the wheel, to help allow the dimples to do what they were design to do – help control vortex shedding (the rate at which air sheds off the wheel). Managing this is crucial to stability. ImPress™ graphics also give NSW wheels a distinctive stealthy look.
Every time a conventional hubset starts to coast, friction within the freehub ratchet mechanism works like a drum brake to slow the rider down. With the Cognition Disc-brake hubset’s Axial Clutch technology, we’ve reduced this drag by disengaging the ratchet mechanism when coasting. Our testing shows that the best traditional three-pawl hub designs have twice the rotating friction as our Axial Clutch equipped Cognition rear hub, and the most popular hubsets using a similar drive mechanism as Axial Clutch were found to produce four times the rotating friction.
Zipp’s new Sawtooth dimple design consists of 12 nodes that are specifically clocked to start aerodynamic shearing at a rate of 50hz at a rider speed of 32km/hr. Sawtooth accomplishes this by inducing small sheet vortices that shed at a low magnitude, but at a higher natural frequency, thus decreasing the laminar bubble effect on the aerodynamically shielded side of the rim’s profile to further reduce high yaw drag and improve crosswind stability. Tha payoff is a faster more capable wheel able to handle anything thrown at it.
• New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
• New ZR1 hub is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement
• Built with Sapim CX Sprint Jbend spokes
• Tubeless, ensuring secure performance even when ridden at lower Tyrepressures
• ABLC™ SawTooth™ dimple design helps manage air flow around the rim, and contributes to create a faster, more stable wheel
• Showstopper™ textured brake track delivers superior modulation and shortest stopping distances in wet and dry conditions
• Ships with Quick Release Endcaps and Quick Release Skewer
• Size (wheels): 700c
• Hub Width: Quick Release 100mm
• Rim construction: Carbon
• Tyre compatibility: Tube type or Tubeless Tyres
• Brake compatibility: Rim
• Rim inside width: 19mm
• Rim Depth: 40mm
• Rim finish: UD fibre, ImPress™ Technology
• Rim profile: Symmetrical
• Weight: Front: 679g
What’s in the box?
• Zipp 303 NSW Carbon Clincher Tubeless Rim Brake FRONT WHEEL
• Zipp Front Tangente Wheel Skewer Black
• Zipp Tangente Platinum Pro Evo Brake Pads