The new Zipp 454 Is now Tubeless ready. Radical by design and evolutionary by nature. With the new 454 NSW Tubeless means that you get to retain the aerodynamic edge with the increased benefit in cornering and grip. With added compliance and reduced rolling resistance. The Wheel Set’s 19mm internal width is optimized for running wider Tubeless tyres at reduced air pressure. The 454 NSW’s undulating 53/58mm-deep rim shape, our proprietary Sawtooth™ profile, takes design cues from nature for our highest performing wheel when it comes to aero efficiency and crosswind stability. Zipp’s enhanced engineering has systematically applied biomimicry to solve the complex challenge of designing a wheel, with the undulating Hyperfoil™ nodes, that reduces both aerodynamic drag and side force. Combined that with Tubeless compatibility and ShowStopper technology, and you are set for the ultimate in Zipp performance.
The year of the Tubeless
The benefits of Tubeless include superior flat protection, the ability to run lower pressures, and a smoother ride with high cornering grip and low rolling resistance. This wheelset, though, allows you to run Tubeless or traditional clinchers.
Braking Performance Perfected
The all new ShowStopper™ Textured braking surface for Zipp is a durable and versatile new textured braking surface. That allows for better braking performance whether in wet or dry conditions.
Every time a conventional hubset starts to coast, friction within the freehub ratchet mechanism works like a drum brake to slow the rider down. With the Cognition Disc-brake hubset’s Axial Clutch technology, we’ve reduced this drag by disengaging the ratchet mechanism when coasting. Our testing shows that the best traditional three-pawl hub designs have twice the rotating friction as our Axial Clutch equipped Cognition rear hub, and the most popular hubsets using a similar drive mechanism as Axial Clutch were found to produce four times the rotating friction.
Zipp’s ImPress™ graphics technology has been employed, which prints graphics directly on the wheel, to help allow the dimples to do what they were design to do – help control vortex shedding (the rate at which air sheds off the wheel). Managing this is crucial to stability. ImPress™ graphics also give NSW wheels a distinctive stealthy look.
Zipp’s new Sawtooth dimple design consists of 12 nodes that are specifically clocked to start aerodynamic shearing at a rate of 50hz at a rider speed of 32km/hr. Sawtooth accomplishes this by inducing small sheet vortices that shed at a low magnitude, but at a higher natural frequency, thus decreasing the laminar bubble effect on the aerodynamically shielded side of the rim’s profile to further reduce high yaw drag and improve crosswind stability. Tha payoff is a faster more capable wheel able to handle anything thrown at it.
• New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
• Zipp's Patented Cognition™ Hubset with Axial Clutch technology
• Built with Sapim CX Sprint Jbend spokes
• Tubeless, ensuring secure performance even when ridden at lower Tyrepressures
• ABLC™ SawTooth™ dimple design helps manage air flow around the rim, and contributes to create a faster, more stable wheel
• Showstopper™ textured brake track delivers superior modulation and shortest stopping distances in wet and dry conditions
• Ships with Quick Release Endcaps and Quick Release Skewer
• Size (wheels): 700c
• Hub Width: Quick Release 100mm
• Rim construction: Carbon
• Tyre compatibility: Tube type or Tubeless Tyres
• Brake compatibility: Rim
• Rim inside width: 19mm
• Rim Depth: 53/58mm
• Rim finish: UD fibre, ImPress™ Technology
• Rim profile: Symmetrical
• Weight: Front: 850g
What’s in the box?
• Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Clincher Tubeless Rim Brake FRONT WHEEL
• Zipp Front Tangente Wheel Skewer Black
• Zipp Tangente Platinum Pro Evo Brake Pads