The perfect Wheel for attacking your local Time Trial or being the first off, the bike in a Triathlon. The Zipp 808 Firecrest Has success fully beaten its predecessor. Boasting a lighter weight, an improved Hub, All in a Tubeless ready package. The Zipp 808 Firecrest is made to go fast on all courses, Featuring the new ABLC™ SawTooth™ technology, the improved wheel allows greater handling in Cross Winds and Greater braking thanks to the ShowStopper™ Zipp braking technology. Not only just retaining Speed with stability but also Tubeless compatibility that enhances cornering grip and rider comfort and decreasing the risk of pinch flats. The new Zipp 808 Firecrest is one of the fastest wheels in the Zipp line up, Curated by pure engineering science. Get out there and go fast with the new Zipp 808 Firecrest.
The year of the Tubeless
The benefits of Tubeless include superior flat protection, the ability to run lower pressures, and a smoother ride with high cornering grip and low rolling resistance. This wheelset, though, allows you to run Tubeless or traditional clinchers.
Braking Performance Perfected
The all new ShowStopper™ Textured braking surface for Zipp is a durable and versatile new textured braking surface. That allows for better braking performance whether in wet or dry conditions.
66 points of Hub engagement goodness
With the new ZR1 DB Hub™ offering 66 point of engagement, Experience power transfer, that’s never been seen before. All ZR1 DB Hub™ sets come with Quick release swappable end caps to work with Quick Releases and Through axles. Opening the wheels to be used whenever and wherever straight out of the box.
Zipp’s new Sawtooth dimple design consists of 12 nodes that are specifically clocked to start aerodynamic shearing at a rate of 50hz at a rider speed of 32km/hr. Sawtooth accomplishes this by inducing small sheet vortices that shed at a low magnitude, but at a higher natural frequency, thus decreasing the laminar bubble effect on the aerodynamically shielded side of the rim’s profile to further reduce high yaw drag and improve crosswind stability. Tha payoff is a faster more capable wheel able to handle anything thrown at it.
• New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed.
• Zipp's Patented Cognition™ Hubset with Axial Clutch technology
• ShowStopper™ Patented Brake Tracks
• Firecrest rim Technology provides world class handling and stability
• Tubeless, ensuring secure performance even when ridden at lower tyre pressures
• Built with Sapim CX Sprint Jbend spokes
• Size (wheels): 700c
• Hub Width: Quick Release 100mm
• Rim construction: Carbon
• Tyre compatibility: Tube type or Tubeless Tyres
• Brake compatibility: Rim Brake
• Rim inside width: 19mm
• Rim Depth: 82mm
• Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
• Rim profile: Symmetrical
• Weight: Front: 898g
What’s in the box?
• Zipp 808 NSW Carbon Clincher Tubeless Rim Brake FRONT WHEEL
• Zipp Front Tangente Wheel Skewer Black
• Zipp Tangente Platinum Pro Evo Brake Pads