absoluteBLACK Oval chainrings work because a rider does not produce power evenly through a pedal stroke; they maximize the part of the stroke where power is produced and minimize resistance where it isn't. Oval rings make the spin cycle a lot smoother and are easier on legs while climbing. Believe it (or not), but a round chainring doesn't transfer torque to your rear wheel as smoothly as an Oval one. You will actually feel your stroke to be more "round" with an Oval shape than with a round chainring.
• Size (Mass +/-1g): 32T (53g)
• Colour: Black only
• Compatibility: Fits only Shimano XTR M9000 and M9020 cranksets. 9, 10, 11 and 12spd Eagle compatible.
• Material: cnc machined 7075 Txxx Aluminium. Long-lasting construction! Type II anodizing
• Chainline: Perfect 49mm
• Mounting holes: 4 x 96mm BCD Asymmetrical design. Original M7 bolts only
• Ovality: Optimized to each size separately. Range: 10.2-14.4% and Timing of 110.5-116.3° after TDC (top dead centre) Patent Pending