Why Oval Rings?
Oval chainrings work because a rider does not produce power evenly through a pedal stroke. Something cyclists minimize through working on pedalling technique. Oval rings negate the need for the precision in this technique as they maximize the part of the stroke where power is produced and minimize resistance where it isn't. Oval rings make the spin cycle smoother and are easier on legs while climbing. Believe it (or not), but a round chainring doesn't transfer torque to your rear wheel as smoothly as an Oval one. You will actually feel your stroke to be more "round" with an Oval shape than with a round chainring.
Fresher and More Relaxed Legs
With oval rings, rear tyre traction improves greatly on loose and slippery terrain. Smoother power delivery to your rear wheel means that you will be able to maintain better, constant cadence; get less stress on the joints and be able to keep certain level of effort for longer. This results in higher average speed. According to absoluteBLACK 11 studies made by various Universities in the World show that using oval chainrings human legs utilize more muscle groups (compared to round one), but each of them to lesser degree. Load from pedalling an oval chainring is spread over greater muscle mass which in effect gives you the feeling of fresher and more relaxed legs.
• Size (Mass +/-1g): 34T (30g), 36T (36g), 38T (41g), 50T (122g), 52T (135g) (53T coming soon)
• Colour: Black
• Compatibility: Shimano Dura-Ace 7950, Ultegra 6750, Shimano 105- 5750, Tiagra 4650, FSA, Rotor 3D & 3D+, S-works and many more older cranks. Also fits Sram Force and Red but NOT compatible with Sram cranks that have 1 hidden chainring bolt (Force22, Red22). Compatible with Di2
• BOLTS: For Outer chainring please order Long bolts: Changing Inner chainring to oval only? use original bolts
• Material & Finish: cnc machined 7075 Txxx Aluminium. Long-lasting construction, type II anodizing
• Ovality: Optimized to each size separately. 34T- 6.5% ; 36T- 11.4%, 38T- 11.4%, 50/52 - 10.3% ; Timing of 108 -109.5° after TDC (top dead centre) - Ideal for road climbing. Patent Pending
IMPORTANT: If you currently use 53/39T chainrings you have 130BCD cranks (not 110bcd). In this case please look at absoluteBLACK 130BCD chainrings as you will not be able to use anything smaller than 53/39T.
ADVANTAGES OF ABSOLUTE BLACK ROAD OVAL CHAINRINGS:
• One of a kind special oval shape that helps you climb easier and faster (Patent Pending)
• Over 15% stiffer than Rotor Qrings due to thicker, 5mm construction
• Bespoke Absolute Black 6 point ramp and recess shifting design shifts better than any other brand and model of oval chainring
• Finest design that provides excellent strength to weight ratio
• You will not "feel" the oval shape while pedalling
• Your pedalling action will feel smoother
• Helps reduce stress on knees and helping your legs remain fresher for longer
• You will be able to maintain better cadence while climbing
• Reduces possibility of leg cramps
• You will reduce chainring/cog shifts by at least 15%