Why Oval Rings?
Oval chainrings work because a rider does not produce power evenly through a pedal stroke. Something cyclists minimize through working on pedalling technique. Oval rings negate the need for the precision in this technique as they maximize the part of the stroke where power is produced and minimize resistance where it isn't. Oval rings make the spin cycle smoother and are easier on legs while climbing. Believe it (or not), but a round chainring doesn't transfer torque to your rear wheel as smoothly as an Oval one. You will actually feel your stroke to be more "round" with an Oval shape than with a round chainring.
Fresher and More Relaxed Legs
With oval rings, rear tyre traction improves greatly on loose and slippery terrain. Smoother power delivery to your rear wheel means that you will be able to maintain better, constant cadence; get less stress on the joints and be able to keep certain level of effort for longer. This results in higher average speed. According to absoluteBLACK 11 studies made by various Universities in the World show that using oval chainrings human legs utilize more muscle groups (compared to round one), but each of them to lesser degree. Load from pedalling an oval chainring is spread over greater muscle mass which in effect gives you the feeling of fresher and more relaxed legs.
• The Innovative design allows very small chainring use on 4x110BCD cranks but a SRAM 12spd or Dura Ace 11spd chain is recomended
• Colour: Grey
• Compatibility: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, Ultegra 6800, Shimano 105 5800, Tiagra 4700. Compatible with Di2 Pioneer, SRM and other power meters
• For Outer chainring please order Long bolts OR Bolt Covers
• Changing Inner chainring to oval only? use original bolts
• Material & Finish: cnc machined 7075 Txxx Aluminium. Long-lasting construction. Type II anodizing
• Ovality: Optimized to each size separately. 34T- 6.5% ; 36T- 11.4%, 38T- 11.4%, 50/52 - 10.3% ; Timing of 108 -109.5° after TDC (top dead centre) - Ideal for road climbing. Patent Pending
ADVANTAGES OF ABSOLUTEBLACK ROAD OVAL CHAINRINGS:
• One of a kind special oval shape that helps you climb easier and faster (Patent Pending)
• Over 15% stiffer than Rotor Qrings due to thicker, 5mm construction
• Bespoke Absolute Black 6 point ramp and recess shifting design shifts better than any other brand and model of oval chainring
• Finest design that provides excellent strength to weight ratio
• You will not "feel" the oval shape while pedalling
• Your pedalling action will feel smoother
• Helps reduce stress on knees and helping your legs remain fresher for longer
• You will be able to maintain better cadence while climbing
• Reduces possibility of leg cramps
• You will reduce chainring/cog shifts by at least 15%