From a purely functional standpoint, inexpensive O-rings are most commonly used in this application, but no O-ring can continue to seal accurately once the pump barrel is hot from inflating more than a few wheels and that is why the leather washer has maintained its popularity year after year.
Hand cut on a small press in Milan, Italy and then pressure-formed with steam the 731 Silca Floor Pump Leather Washer is the same reliable 28mm diameter washer that's been used on all Silca pumps since 1917 and covers all models up to 2008. We bet you didn’t know that since the 1960's, all Silca leather washers have come from the same leather converting house in Milan using excess material left over from the production of designer handbags, luxury Italian car interiors, and high-fashion luggage.
• Suits pre-2008 model Silca Pista and Super Pista pumps
• Fits 28mm internal diameter
• Replacement #731 gasket (formerly known as 73.1)
• Made from finest quality full grain leather
• Produced by hand on the same equipment since 1960
• Upgraded from 2.25 to 2.50mm thick leather for improved durability
• Hand crafted in Milan, Italy