Newly updated and improved the SILCA #242 gasket utilises a high tech, fully synthetic Elastomer base material rather than a black carbon-filled natural rubber of previous gaskets. With a life expectancy of more than 5 times the carbon-filled rubber or Buna-N materials used previously this unique, bright-red gasket boasts two-stage seal geometry which enforces closure on both valve stem and at the base of valve core threads resulting in improved durability and an air-tight seal in even the harshest of environments.
This replacement Silca Elastomer Seal for Presta Chucks slips onto the valve stem with a reassuring 'click', while unique internal geometry actually utilises line air-pressure to compress the gasket onto the valve stem: the higher you pump, the harder it grips the stem! Of course it won't come as any surprise to learn that more than 20 companies world-wide are making pump heads and gaskets copied from Silca's design, but none of them can come close to the precision and technology achieved with this genuine #242.
• Replacement part for Silca floor and hand pumps/inflators
• Comprises the finest, fully synthetic, Elastomeric materials
• Achieves a durability of 5 times the traditional rubber materials
• Newly optimised two-stage sealing geometry maximises performance on all Presta valve stems
• Pressure amplifying dome geometry uses air-pressure to clamp valve stem
• Works with 30.0/30.2 and 17-4 stainless steel "Presta Only" Chucks similar to the one pictured
• Replaces previously available 24.1 gasket
• Please check alternate image provided to see orientation of gasket
• Fits all prior SILCA Presta heads
• Made in USA