It’s everything you liked about Neo, and less that you didn’t.
Redefining the pinnacle of indoor bike training, the Tacx NEO 2T Smart, is made even better. On top of existing immersive features like Road feel, Dynamic Inertia, Descent simulation and Pedal Stroke Analysis, this new direct drive trainer has been completely redesigned on the inside. It is without question the most silent, realistic and accurate bike trainer available on the market now…..So What’s New?
”T” is for Torque.
NEO T2 Smart brings even stronger magnets to the game. Now enabling near-zero slip even in low-speed sprint situations.
Redesigned magnet mounts have significantly improved the stillness of NEO 2T Smart.
The Sound of Silence
Internal air displacement and vibrations are reduced through the implementation of a new wiring system, resulting in a remarkably silent trainer.
Newer is better!
With an improved design and revamped components, the NEO 2T Smart trainer provides a more immersive experience, wider pedal stroke analysis compatibility and more.
A trainer with brains
Tacx equipped the NEO 2T Smart with the NEO 2 Smart fast chipset, enabling a smoother and more responsive control of the NEO motor. This results in a quieter indoor cycling experience and paves the way for new and immersive features. With the Pedal stroke analysis feature you can improve your power distribution and cycling performance. This is made this possible by adding a capacitive left and right detection sensor, enabling this bike trainer to measure the exact position of both your legs.
New Smart - but just better.
The familiar NEO Smart features are still there. Like Road Feel, with which you experience the vibrating sensation of riding on cobblestones, gravel and many other road surfaces (in Tacx Films and Zwift). And that exciting feeling of accelerating into a descent after you’ve reached the top of a mountain, simulated with the Descent simulation feature. Also, like the NEO, it is equipped with Dynamic inertia. In contrast to the mass inertia of a flywheel, Dynamic inertia compensates for weight, speed and angle of inclination, improving the cycling feeling significantly. With the Isokinetic and Isotonic training modes you train on a fixed power or speed to improve your pedal stroke. These modes are available for free in the Tacx Utility app.
Huge usable power band
This NEO 2T is equipped with the same powerful resistance unit as the NEO 2, being able to simulate incline gradients up to 25% and sprints up to 2200 Watts. What differentiates the NEO series from other trainers is the maximum resistance when cycling at low speeds, small gears and very steep climbs. Now even steadier than ever, enabling even more realistic hill climb simulations. Also, one of the key benefits is that there is no need for maintenance and calibration. In contrast to all other indoor trainers and direct drives, there are no physical transmissions (like a belt) or other internal or external influencers on the power measurement. It measures your power across the entire operating range accurately within 1%, making sure you that your data is accurate and reliable.
3rd party app smart
The NEO 2t Smart is a fully interactive Smart trainer. It measures your speed, cadence and power, and can be controlled by Tacx and 3rd party applications. The NEO 2T doesn’t require an external power source as it generates its own energy from your cycling movement. (Although this is required for descent simulation) You can train anywhere you want, like on holiday or a training camp! Its frame allows for a few degrees of movement to the left and right while cycling, so it follows the natural course of your body, improving the cycling feeling. The frame is easily foldable to a small size and when folded, the legs act as two handles for easy transportation. By supplying this direct drive trainer with extra axle adapters, the axle compatibility significantly increased. This bike trainer is compatible with 142x12mm and 148x12mm, straight out of the box.
Cassette and wheel compatibility
• Shimano & SRAM: 8 t/m 11 speed (Cassette not included)
What’s in the Box:
• NEO 2T Smart Trainer
• Front wheel support
• Quick release for road bikes and mountain bikes (5 mm)
• Direct drive quick release with adapter set (142 x 12 mm and 148 x 12 mm)
• 1-month Tacx Premium software
• Cassette and wheel compatibility: Shimano & SRAM: 8 t/m 11 speed (Cassette not included)
• NEW, More Torque than ever before The original Neo and Neo 2 had the same threshold: 85Nm. Neo 2T increases this threshold to 88Nm, and increases the maximum brake force from 250N to 260N.
• IMPROVED Magnet handling: Skewed mounts further reduce vibrations and improved magnet handling increases accuracy even more.
• IMPROVED quietness due to redesigned wire topology: Tacx redesigned the internal electronics again! Now including thicker wires for better head dissipation, along with updated routing to reduce vibration of wires, meaning an even more “silent” approach to indoor training.
• IMPROVED Road feel: Experience the improved accuracy of the vibrating sensation when riding on cobblestones, gravel and many other road surfaces. This immersive feature is unique to the NEO 2T and can be used with Tacx Films and Zwift.
• Pedal stroke analysis & left/right measurement: By adding a capacitive left and right detection sensor, this bike trainer is now able to measure the exact position of both your legs. This allows for a detailed and accurate pedal stroke analysis enabling you to improve your power distribution and cycling performance.
• Dynamic inertia: Dynamic inertia is developed to control the mass inertia (ride feel) as realistic as possible. In contrast to the mass inertia of a flywheel, Dynamic inertia compensates for weight, speed and angle of inclination. This ensures the most realistic ride feel.
• Descent simulation: At the top of a hill or mountain there is always that exciting feeling of accelerating into a descent. Exactly that feeling is what this bike trainer gives you. The NEO 2T Smart accelerates in a descent. (Requires trainer to be plugged into power)
• Excellent axle compatibility: By supplying the NEO 2T Smart with extra axle adapters, the axle compatibility significantly increased. The NEO 2T Smart is compatible with 142x12mm and 148x12mm, straight out of the box.
• Silent trainer: Tacx claims Neo 2T is a completely silent trainer
• Self powered: The NEO 2T Smart doesn’t require an external power source as it generates its own energy from your cycling movement. This direct drive trainer can easily be used anywhere you like. When connected to an external power source the Descent simulation feature is enabled.
• Fully connected: The NEO 2T Smart connects wirelessly via ANT+ (FE-C) and Bluetooth, allowing you to train with your favourite cycling application.
• Isokinetic and Isotonic mode: Training for an even pedal stroke is difficult. The same goes for building power in your stroke by training at a high wattage and low cadence. This is why Tacx developed the Isokinetic and Isotonic training modes for the NEO 2T in the Tacx Utility app.
• Maintenance free: There is no maintenance, no calibration and there are no adjustment required.
• LED intensity indicators: Responsive LED lights on the trainer change colour from green to red based on your training intensity.
• Flexible frame: The design of the NEO 2T Smart allows a few degrees of movement to the left and right while cycling. Its frame follows the natural course of your body, bringing you a certain freedom of movement that improves the cycling feeling.
• Accurate and reliable: NEO 2T measures your power accurately within 1%
• No calibration: The NEO 2T Smart is one of the only trainers that doesn't require a calibration process.
• Powerful: The NEO 2T Smart is equipped with a very powerful resistance unit, being able to simulate incline gradients up to 25% and sprints up to 2200 Watts.
• Standalone: The smart electronics of the NEO 2T Smart allow you to train stand alone, without any software connections. The resistance follows a progressive power curve, in accordance with cycling on a flat road. Speeding up means an increase of resistance.
• Firmware updates: With the Tacx Utility app you can easily update the firmware of the NEO 2T Smart to the latest version.
• Interactive smart: The NEO 2T Smart is a fully interactive Smart trainer. Measuring speed, cadence and power, but can also be externally controlled by software applications.
• Connection indicators: Intuitive LED’s on the side of the NEO 2T Smart show when the trainer is powered and connected to a device over ANT+ or Bluetooth.
• Axle and bike compatibility: Race 130mm, MTB 135mm, 142x12mm, 148x12mm, straight out of the box
The R.A.T. axle system is not currently compatible with Tacx Neo trainers
• Physical dimensions: 22.6" x 29.5" (575 x 750 mm)
• Weight: 47.4 lbs (21.5 kg)
• Height: 21.7" (55 mm)
• Wireless communication: ANT+ connectivity, BLUETOOTH wireless technology
• Control by: Smartphone, tablet, ANT+ bike computers, stand alone, computer connection via ANT+ antenna
• Read out on: Smartphone, tablet, bike computer, computer with ANT+ antenna
• Connection indicator (ANT+/BLUETOOTH): 2 LEDs
• Power indicator: Multicolour LED, spot on floor
• Indoor Training Features
• Electrical requirement: 110-240 Volts
• Suitable axles: Width of rear fork: Race 130 mm, MTB 135 mm, 142 mm and 148 mm. Adapter for 135 x 10 mm available
• Gear ratio: Chainring set-up: up to 3 sprockets, teeth per sprocket, adjustable between 22 and 53; Rear cassette: up to 12 sprockets, teeth per sprocket adjustable between 11 and 40
• Q-factor: 147 mm
• Max power: 2200 Watt
• Max incline: 25%
• Simulation of descent: YES
• Max torque: 88 Nm
• Max brake force: 260 N
• Flywheel: Virtual
• Mass inertia: Variable to 275.6 lbs (125 kg)
• Calibration: No calibration needed
• Output: Speed, cadence, power
• Accuracy: <1%