The Hellbender 70 is the latest in a long line of Cane Creek headsets going back to the introduction of the world’s first threadless headset the AheadSet in 1992. Since that time, they have continued to innovate and shape the modern headset market with products like the ultra-lite AER Series, the Viscoset damping headset, the low stack-height Slamset and the 110 series.
As stated by Sam Anderson Product Manager for Cane Creek
There is so much value and performance packed into this headset. With most of the major features of the 110 including the Hellbender bearing at a more accessible price-point, the Hellbender 70 is going to allow more riders to have better quality headsets on their bike. That’s a big win for everyone.
• Cups and covers 6061 t-6 aluminium internally contoured and relieved to minimize weight and maximize strength
• Top cover low-friction upper bearing seal completely seals cup from contaminants and is fully captured by the top cover with no loose parts
• Crown race dual-seal crown race provides excellent seal efficiency with low friction
• Compression ring carbon friendly captured compression ring
• Bearings premium, sealed stainless-steel hellbender bearings
• Interlok ® interlok® spacer compatible
• Stack Heights: Integrated (IS) — 9mm top, 1mm bottom
• Finish: Anodized Aluminium