Why Oval Rings?
Oval chainrings work because a rider does not produce power evenly through a pedal stroke. Something cyclists minimize through working on pedalling technique. Oval rings negate the need for the precision in this technique as they maximize the part of the stroke where power is produced and minimize resistance where it isn't. Oval rings make the spin cycle smoother and are easier on legs while climbing. Believe it (or not), but a round chainring doesn't transfer torque to your rear wheel as smoothly as an Oval one. You will actually feel your stroke to be more "round" with an Oval shape than with a round chainring.
Fresher and More Relaxed Legs
With oval rings, rear tyre traction improves greatly on loose and slippery terrain. Smoother power delivery to your rear wheel means that you will be able to maintain better, constant cadence; get less stress on the joints and be able to keep certain level of effort for longer. This results in higher average speed. According to absoluteBLACK 11 studies made by various Universities in the World show that using oval chainrings human legs utilize more muscle groups (compared to round one), but each of them to lesser degree. Load from pedalling an oval chainring is spread over greater muscle mass which in effect gives you the feeling of fresher and more relaxed legs.
• Size (Mass +/-1g): 34T (31g), 36T (37g), 38T (41g), 39T (42g), 50T (120g), 52T (137g), 53T(139g)
• Colour: Grey
• Compatibility: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, R9120, R9150 & R9170 Di2 and Ultegra 8000, R8020, R8050 & 8070 Di2, 105- R7000, R7020, R7070. They can also retrofit all 9000 and 6800 series cranks but use bolt covers for best appearance. 10 / 11 / 12spd compatible.
• For Outer chainring please order "Long bolts" from us OR Bolt Covers
• Changing Inner chainring to oval only? use original bolts
• Material & Finish: cnc machined 7075 Txxx Aluminium. Long-lasting construction. Type II anodizing
• Ovality: Optimized to each size separately. 34T- 6.5% ; 36T, 38T, 39T- 11.4%, 50/52/53T - 10-11.2% ; Timing of 108 -110.5° after TDC (top dead centre) - Ideal for road climbing. Patent Pending
• Ramps on big rings are specially configured for combinations: 50/34, 52/36, 52/38, 53/39T
• If you wish to use other configuration it will also work, but shifting will be slower and may require more "adjustments" of front derailleur to be acceptable. Also remember that front derailleur can only accept max