Double-Sided Adhesive Tape For Tubulars
In terms of gluing performance and heat-resistance this Effetto Mariposa 20mm Carogna Tubular Gluetape certainly bridges the gap between previously existing tapes and mastic. Best of all, it works just as well with road bikes as it does for cyclocross and MTB.
Universally Flawless Performance
In fact, Carogna, has been designed and rigorously tested, to perform flawlessly on any rim material be it aluminium or carbon, etc, as well as with any tubular (seamless, handmade, vulcanized sew-ups), plus on and off-road (cyclocross, mountain bike etc).
Extremely Easy To Use
This tape is extremely easy to use (especially when compared to mastic) and offers very reliable adhesion, in all riding conditions. Once removed, Carogna (pronounced car-own-ya) leaves the rim ready for the next gluing, without any additional cleaning required. This particular double-sided adhesive tape for tubulars is 20mm wide and comes on a 2 metre length roll.
1 x Roll of tape 2 metre length (20mm wide)
SPECIFIC ADHESIVE PROPERTIES
On rim and tubular: the tape has two application-specific sides:
1. . . Semi-structural and removable on the rim-side: adhesion is guaranteed by industrial-grade acrylic glue, native to the base tape. This means that when removing the tubular (breaking its bond with the rim), the acrylic glue will stay on the tape, not on the rim. Acrylic has a good adhesion on both aluminum and carbon without any specific surface preparation other than a clean with a paper towel damped with Isopropyl alcohol or white/mineral spirits.
2. . . Permanent on the tubular side: there's a 1 mm-thick layer of a recently-developed permanent glue for underwater applications. This thick glue film will move and spread when the tubular is first inflated, ensuring optimized contact with any tubular base tape geometry. Humidity is obviously not an issue, and this glue adheres well to any kind of base tape material (nylon, cotton, poly-cotton) or external finishing (raw, brushed, or coated by neoprene).
• Effetto Mariposa Carogna Tubular Gluetape
• Double-sided adhesive tape
• Impressive gluing performance
• Stands up to all riding conditions
• Very easy to use
• No gunk left on the rim when removed
• Suits road, MTB and cyclocross
• Roll length (2 metres) enough for one (1) wheel
• Product Name: Carogna SM
• Product Type: Tubular Rim Tape (double-sided)
• Adhesive Type: Acrylic
• Tape Width: 20mm
• Tape Length: 2 Metres
• Country of Manufacture: Italy