Invisible Frame Protection
Shelter Road (0,6 mm thick) is a transparent shock and scratch resistant adhesive tape, best for lighter off-road riding or gravel/cyclocross applications It provides a reliable protection to the carbon-fibre or metal structures it is applied to. The unique, composite construction allows Shelter to spread impact energy within its structure, without transmitting the impact, and reducing it very efficiently, making it perfect for heavier duty off-road riding.
Easy to Apply: No Special Tools Required
Adhesion of Shelter is defined as “semi-structural”, which means it is very strong but not permanent. After being applied, it takes Shelter 8 hours before developing its optimal bonding. After that, normal bicycle use or washing won’t affect it, and it can be removed, if needed, without damaging the underlying paint.
Shelter is transparent, and thanks to its UV-protection, will remain clear, not yellowing over time. It will even protect the underlaying frame paint from UV degradation.
Visco-Elasticity Reduces Vibrations
The transmission of vibrational energy through any structure can be reduced by introducing visco-elastic materials at discrete points. This is exactly what Shelter does, providing stiff carbon frames with protection but also contributing to reduce vibrations.
How To Apply
Application of Shelter doesn’t require special tools or procedures, just normal skills and patience:
• Remove cables and other interfering bits,
• Clean area with alcohol and a clean cloth,
• Remove traces of dried-up alcohol with another clean, dry cloth
• Cut to size and shape without removing backing paper.
• Check for size and shape
• Ensure your hands are clean,
• completely remove the backing paper
• Avoid touching the adhesive side (finger prints may show due to the transaperency)
• Gently position Shelter on the area to protect, without applying pressure and without stretching the material. Re-position it if necessary, until it sits exactly where you want it.
• At this point, start applying an even pressure, working from the centre and going towards the sides, to avoid trapping air bubbles and making wrinkles.
• Work on the whole Shelter piece to make it stick to the surface. Concentrate on the edges and on tight curved sections to make sure the adhesion is even.
• You can use your bicycle immediately after applying Shelter, but the full adhesion is achieved after 8 hours.
• To remove Shelter, peel it off slowly, making sure not to delaminate it. This way Shelter won’t leave any trace of glue on the surface it was formerly attached to, even after several years.
• Frame Protection: invisible protection against scratches and impacts
• 0.6mm Thickness: 54mm x 5m
• Weight: .077g per square cm, 5m roll approx. 210g
• Lightweight Protection
• Easy to Apply: strong adhesion also on curved surfaces
• Stays Clear: doesn’t yellow over time
• Ideal for Protecting Carbon or Metal Parts
• Reduced Vibrations: Visco-elastic behaviour
• Made In Italy
Beware of copies!
• There are watermark “Shelter Effetto Mariposa” logos inside Shelter structure, impossible to remove. Both “Effetto Mariposa” and “Shelter” are registered trademarks.