Use these chainrings from Wolf Tooth to convert your 2x crankset to a 1x. Wolf Tooth was first to market with these Cyclocross 1x specific chainrings because they saw Cyclocross as the perfect use for their Drop-Stop® technology. Since their release, the uses for these rings has expanded beyond Cyclocross to commuting, gravel riding, mountain bikes with 5-arm crank power meters, and even full on-road applications with the giant 50t rings. These rings are for use with 110 BCD 5 arm cranksets.
Chain Retention, Longevity/b>
Wolf Tooth’s patented chainring Drop-Stop technology has the wide side of the tooth has maximum contact on the drive side which spreads the load and improves chainring life. The narrow side allows clearance for mud and debris which reduces friction, the alternating wide/narrow tooth pattern prevents chain derailment.
• Fits 110 BCD 5 arm cranksets
• You will need 6mm bolts which are optimized for single ring mounting. Stock 2x bolts will not work.
• Chainline - varies - these rings can be mounted in either the big or small ring position on a double crankset. The most common mounting is in the big ring position because of chainstay clearance. The ring centreline is ~2mm from the ring's mounting face so they usually sit about 2mm closer to the frame than the stock big ring (depends on the stock ring)
• Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
• If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
• 110 BCD 5 arm cranksets
• Drop-Stop Technology
• Convert 2x drivetrains to 1x
• Weight: 34T, 44g
• Material: 7075-T6 aluminium