We’re all felt speed wobbles or oscillation at one point or another, never feels good. Cane Creek is here to put an end to them with their ViscoSet Headset top assembly.
ViscoSet (patent-pending) offers viscous damping to make bicycles safer by inhibiting the uncontrolled steering oscillation known as speed wobble. Speed wobbles are vibrations that start small and get worse due to harmonics. This frightening shimmy can affect the handling of any bicycle under certain conditions and is the result of many different factors.
Utilizing specially designed damping plates above the bearing in the upper assembly, ViscoSet stops the oscillation before it can grow to a dangerous level. These micro-thin plates are inter-leaved in an encapsulated cartridge and connected to both the frame and the steerer tube. As they rotate against each other, a fluorocarbon gel between each layer provides viscous damping and stops the oscillation of the handlebars before it grows to a dangerous level.
• Top Assy ViscoSet External Cup 34mm 1-1/8" EC34/28.6 Short Top Black BAA0931K
• Cups and Covers: 7075 T-6 Aluminum
• Covers: Low-friction upper bearing seal completely seals cup from contaminants and is fully captured by the top cover with no loose parts
• Bearings: Dependable black-oxide, sealed cartridge bearings
• Interlok®: Interlok® spacer compatible
• Assembly: Pre-Greased Cartridge. No Re-Grease needed.
• Stack Heights: External Cup (EC) - 22.2mm Top